Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Went to the downtown Dallas Aquarium once.
    We've done it!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Scheels at the Grandscape (where I believe the pep rally is this year) can be kinda cool for families. Boutique shops, bars/restaurants, etc. Somewhat similar feel to the Star and Legacy West food hall. It's super commercialized, so it's not really my wife and my style, but I suppose it's something touristy if that's what you're looking for. I will say, the Truck Yard around the corner is a great place to grab a drink or three. There's also a brewery over there now and some other small things that may be of interest. On a nice day, nothing beats Truck Yard in my opinion. Might make for a good saturday.

There's also downtown Frisco which is underrated. We really like Heritage Table for dinner and then Eight11 after for patio beverages. Make sure you make reservations for both if you go, it's also a little more on the formal date-nighty side but it's a blast if you're looking for good food and something a half-step up from a sports bar atmosphere. If we're feeling adventurous we'll head to the Rail Yard (essentially Truck Yard knockoff) after. That is potentially our group's tentative plan for Saturday. Probably the perfect "wrap up by 10pm to be ready for tailgating" type of evening in my opinion.

Don't know much about all you can eat barbecue. The only places I've heard of are pretty trash in Texans' opinions. Spring Creek Barbecue is the only one I actually know of and it's not very good. Have you ever checked out Babe's Chicken? You pick your entree from 5 options and then they just bring you endless family-style sides.
    We've done both those as well!

Also fully agree AYCE in a vacuum won't be as good as a normal BBQ place, but Hutchins is a SUPERB place and, while expensive, I loved being able to sample pretty much every meat there was without having to go back through the line over and over. I'm sure tons of BVers here have been there. If there was no place similar to the old long-forgotten Hutching AYCE then maybe it's time to finally travel to Pecan Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field
    Perot Museum of Nature and Science
    Dallas Art Museum
    Bonnie and Clyde Graves
    US Treasury Money Factory

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I love a good art museum, but not sure about the rest of the crew. Some solid leads here, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    We've done it!

We've done both those as well!

Also fully agree AYCE in a vacuum won't be as good as a normal BBQ place, but Hutchins is a SUPERB place and, while expensive, I loved being able to sample pretty much every meat there was without having to go back through the line over and over. I'm sure tons of BVers here have been there. If there was no place similar to the old long-forgotten Hutching AYCE then maybe it's time to finally travel to Pecan Lodge.

I love a good art museum, but not sure about the rest of the crew. Some solid leads here, thanks!
    Hutchins is money. No need to go Pecan unless you want to do Dealey Plaza also IMHO.
    Don't believe everything you think.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hutchins is money. No need to go Pecan unless you want to do Dealey Plaza also IMHO.
    I'm just bitter they got rid of the best deal in town. (Maybe it's back I'll have to do some digging)

Anyone tried Tender Smokehouse (the place owned by former Minnesota Twin Torii Hunter I believe)? The original location is in Celina which looks to be about a 15-20 minute drive north of Frisco but there's a location in Frisco now too. Seems to get really good reviews. I tried Hard 8 in The Colony last year and it was nowhere near as good as Hutchins IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Anyone tried Tender Smokehouse (the place owned by former Minnesota Twin Torii Hunter I believe)? The original location is in Celina which looks to be about a 15-20 minute drive north of Frisco but there's a location in Frisco now too. Seems to get really good reviews. I tried Hard 8 in The Colony last year and it was nowhere near as good as Hutchins IMO.
    I’ve been to the location in Frisco twice. Both times I was unimpressed. Hutchins is far superior in my opinion (and in the opinions of the rest of the group) and just down the road.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I’ve been to the location in Frisco twice. Both times I was unimpressed. Hutchins is far superior in my opinion (and in the opinions of the rest of the group) and just down the road.
    Yep, Hutchins FTW

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I'm just bitter they got rid of the best deal in town. (Maybe it's back I'll have to do some digging)
    Bitter only belongs in cocktails brother. Shed the rest.
    Don't believe everything you think.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I really don't expect change to occur at this point. Some people just don't seem capable of it.
    It is not your imagination, issue is 10 years old. You shouldn't have to tell them the sky is blue when they can see it themselves.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

someone just bought my 2 tickets for $300/each on AXS. lol. too funny. hope it's a sdsu fan. suckers.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hutchins have raised their prices. Wife and I went there for lunch and it was 100.00
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."