Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Love the win; but that is it for this year. National title game is at 3 PM today. Go kitties, as I would not mind losing to Vigen.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Love the win; but that is it for this year. National title game is at 3 PM today. Go kitties, as I would not mind losing to Vigen.
    Shame him!
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I don’t understand why people get upset with people on here complaining about our performance or play calling. As mentioned above Phil was livid during the first half as everybody was making mistakes including the coaches. Just because u win doesn’t mean you don’t have issues that need to be addressed. I mean the ESPN announcers which seemed good last night complained about our play calling and even our defensive game plan in the first quarter.
    I for one don't mind legitimate complaining about some of the play calling and lack of a short passing game but some are saying in some garbage posts about how awful our coaches are. Really? Did you see the adjustments on D and O after the first quarter? How many teams can lose all the players that we have over the year and still compete and win?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I for one don't mind legitimate complaining about some of the play calling and lack of a short passing game but some are saying in some garbage posts about how awful our coaches are. Really? Did you see the adjustments on D and O after the first quarter? How many teams can lose all the players that we have over the year and still compete and win?
    I am a total homer so I don't spend much time mingling with other fan bases. With that lack of exposure I still have to guess that we are blessed to have so very many coaching experts distributed amongst our fan base.* Truly blessed.

* to be clear I am referring to most of the critics.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    ESPN announcers were very good. Not Anish caliber but closest ever since.
    Agreed! Color guy was spot on with play calling problems for the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I understand the sentiment but I'm not so sure the data supports that.

Team Scoring Offense Scoring Defense Sagarin
    NDSU 18 5 60
    SDSU 25 3 55
    MSU 3 46 73
    UIW 1 38 84

NDSU held the #1 FCS scoring offense to 19 pts below their average last night* while our offense was held to 0.3 pts below our average with a very bad passing night for our team. We get some resources back in the next three weeks I think the Bison are pretty formidable.

* average includes last night's game
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    100%
    It's time to throw soon kudos to staff...at least for a week or so lol
    Chess game between 2 staffs was great...
    Icw has a darn good squad...had us on the ropes
    Thinking they for maybe 4 kids that can stick on a NFL roster...
    A classic game

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    Agreed! Color guy was spot on with play calling problems for the Bison.
    But they messed up in not clarifying the review was not for if he fumbled, but for who recovered it.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Considering all of the injuries and a few defections... this was an epic win for the program. I'd put it right up there with the Georgia Southern and James Madison games.
    I agree with you. Problem is if we were playing that caliber of opponent we would have been blown out.

The talent level of FCS is nowhere what it used to be. Us included. After this year do we have a draftable player on the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Listening to the radio replay and Phil was as frustrated as Bisonville at some points in the first half. He didn't hold back on the defense, offense or special teams.

Weber played a great game and seemed to get pissed off early on with how the defense was playing. His emotions get the best of him sometimes, but we needed his energy and emotion last night to light a fire. Tutsie was flying around, as well.

I get that we want to establish the run, but we seem to get so stubborn running up the middle on 1st down into 8 and 9 men in the box situations. Screens and play action would do wonders to help Cam get into some type of rhythm.

Disappointing we didn't get the TD on the punt fumble recovery when we started at the 2 yard line. In the end, though, taking a couple field goals was the difference when UIW chose to leave those points on the field.

We used to have a deep rotation of big, super-talented, athletic TEs. I think we are sorely lacking in that position group and it has reflected on our passing game all season. Then again, we may not target them even if we had studs at TE.

On to Frisco and some time to heal.
    Hard to get stud WR TE when you pass for 1700 yards a season. Our passing game really regressed this year. It’s sad to watch the elementary play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk