Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    *Checks if we are still playing in the FCS like during our last two coaching staffs*

Yep
    If you think this staff is like the last staff you are kidding yourself. This staff is a joke. Only reason we won tonight is because their coach didn’t kick FGs when he had the chance to. We were out coached and out played in every metric.

They basically gave us the game. That was an embarrassing effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    If you think this staff is like the last staff you are kidding yourself. This staff is a joke. Only reason we won tonight is because their coach didn’t kick FGs when he had the chance to. We were out coached and out played in every metric.

They basically gave us the game. That was an embarrassing effort.

How bout the other two national championship seasons they coached.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    How bout the other two national championship seasons they coached.
    Trey Lance bailed them out and the defense. Last year I give them kudos beating JMU. That was the title game. We were lucky to play them at home We faced one good team in the playoffs last year. Rest were garbage

Trey Lance single handily beat JMU. We had like 70 yards passing. Scheme was garbage.

I would give anything for Vigen to be our HC. When I watch the Bobcats they are what we used to be.

Take a look at Hero All American teams. Freshman and sophomore teams Bobcats have several players. We have none. Zero.

After this senior class we have a major drop off on talent. Next year will be an eye opener for a lot of fans.

Trey Lance bailed them out and the defense. Last year I give them kudos beating JMU. That was the title game. We were lucky to play them at home We faced one good team in the playoffs last year. Rest were garbage

Trey Lance single handily beat JMU. We had like 70 yards passing. Scheme was garbage.

I would give anything for Vigen to be our HC. When I watch the Bobcats they are what we used to be.

Take a look at Hero All American teams. Freshman and sophomore teams Bobcats have several players. We have none. Zero.

After this senior class we have a major drop off on talent. Next year will be an eye opener for a lot of fans.

Excuse my ignorance but aren’t a lot of guys playing right now underclassmen because of injuries?

I'm not so sure about that last part. This team is full of injuries and we just secured another title game birth. The only time we were really challenged in the last three games was tonight.

MSU had to basically turn over their culture, when young guys get to play young, a lot of times successful teams will get a lot of them on those Hero teams. We had a deep team at one point, but we are a mash unit. Kids that played only tonight or only in the playoffs aren't going to make a Hero team with that body of work. It only takes one game to make the next Josh Hayes though.

Everything else, yeah I agree, as I said. The players consistently bail out the scheme, they have since Entz has been HC...whether that is Entz, Roehl, or some combination of the two, who knows. This is the weakest we have been at LB maybe this entire run - losing Jasir really hurt. I think the defense will be fine, the scheme is generally fine, it's missed tackles and not enough horses.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol, you should probably spend some time reading through the hall of Fame worthy "Fire Vigen, Save Season" thread.

1. The game reminded me of the games in 2011 and 2012 - we were not overly superior to our opponent(s) but found a way to win
    2. Incarnate Word had some good players, but both teams tonight showed me that FCS football in general this year is not as good as some of the previous years.
    3. Hey Dom Gonella - this is why you stay with the Bison through Thick and Thin - you would have played a lot last night and been a help to the team.
    4. I thought the special teams was very good outside of the one short punt.
    5. Incarnate Word used our old plays against us. In the Kansas State game of 2013, we would motion our running back out to create 5 wide sets, and that allowed the inside slot receiver to have the middle of the field open to run an inside slant. Incarnate word ran that exact play on us multiple times and was very successful with it. We have to get that fixed!
    6. I hope we get healthy fast - the injuries really hit us hard all year, but especially the last 3 weeks.
    7. With 1 of 12 passing, RUN AN INSIDE SCREEN EVERY NOW AND THEN. With the way Incarnate Word was penetraiting our line at times, a couple of screens would have helped to slow them down and may have given Cam some confidence.

Since we hosted UIW for the second college game day, it had me thinking about signs that I saw when Corso, Herbstreit, and company were in town. One sign joked “we’re talking minimum 8-peat”. I often marvel about how close we were to accomplishing this. We might have if not for an offside penalty against JMU in 2016 during the late FG attempt. 10 trips to Frisco in 12 years! If I sat my past self down in 2009 and ask to dream about the next decade, I’m not sure even my loftiest hopes would match what actually transpired.

Congrats team on another trip earned to Frisco! Heal up.
    Last edited by land grant bison; 12-17-2022 at 01:29 PM.

So a couple of observations from the couch.

1) From the TV replays, no idea how the fumble recovery was "confirmed".
    2) UIW has developed into a great program. Like others have said, it wasn't long ago they were our whipping boys for GameDay
    3) Their linebacker, #21 was everywhere in the first half, then quieted down the second. It would be interesting to know how they changed the scheme to take him out of the game
    3)NDSU's ability to will itself to a win is always amazing. The Bison are the anti-Vikings.
    4) One problem that has gone on for years, our passing game sucks. UIW tried to do what JMU did, match up man on man and pressure the line. Our recievers struggle to beat one on one coverage. We finally nullified it when we turned Cam loose.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Fuck off. We are 13_2 and in national championship game. you don't get where we Re without good coaching . Tired of people with no football IQ making stupid coomebts.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    A 5 year old could watch the beginning of this football game and be asking his Dad, Daddy what the hell is wrong with this coaching staff.

As far as IQ goes, you must be the supreme idiot of the great plains to see a game like this and think the coaching was even anything close to average.

Go check the 1st quarter stats and get back to me. Players get all the credit for this one. They turned it around. And what are,"coomebts."