Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I was whining to my brother on what I thought was a missed offside call. He replied, "Offsides, hell. The UIW team picture includes the refs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    His play calling in 2013 was much better but 2011 and 2012 were poor at times. He did improve though and yes the 2013 calling was great in that KSU game but we also had studs literally everywhere.
    Thing is though he was able to do okay at Wyoming (granted had Allen for a couple years who is now considered a top 10 maybe even 5 current QB easily in the NFL) and has MSU back at the top where a program like that should be.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

1. Good job for those that were able to show up for the game. Sound and optics on TV were much better than other playoff games.
    2. Thought it was funny when Zach Mathias and Dawson Weber both looked at their white gloves and had the facial expression that said 'Why didn't you help me catch that ball'.
    3. Feels like our only "trick play" this year was the successful two point conversion.
    4. Wonder if Entz will use the recruiting angle 'We play a long season and have a lot of injuries, your son has a very good chance of getting play time early on'.
    5. Wish our players would shake hands with our opponent before running off to the fans and Frisco stage.
    6. Dawson Weber should have gotten Player of the Game.
    7. Cam admitted his throwing was off in the post game interview, told the coaches to use his legs.
    8. Wish our coaches would learn from passing teams like UIW how to get our receivers open.
    9. Congrats on another trip to Frisco.

Considering all of the injuries and a few defections... this was an epic win for the program. I'd put it right up there with the Georgia Southern and James Madison games.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I loved the two point conversion play. My only regret is that it didn't happen against Stig.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Listening to the radio replay and Phil was as frustrated as Bisonville at some points in the first half. He didn't hold back on the defense, offense or special teams.

Weber played a great game and seemed to get pissed off early on with how the defense was playing. His emotions get the best of him sometimes, but we needed his energy and emotion last night to light a fire. Tutsie was flying around, as well.

I get that we want to establish the run, but we seem to get so stubborn running up the middle on 1st down into 8 and 9 men in the box situations. Screens and play action would do wonders to help Cam get into some type of rhythm.

Disappointing we didn't get the TD on the punt fumble recovery when we started at the 2 yard line. In the end, though, taking a couple field goals was the difference when UIW chose to leave those points on the field.

We used to have a deep rotation of big, super-talented, athletic TEs. I think we are sorely lacking in that position group and it has reflected on our passing game all season. Then again, we may not target them even if we had studs at TE.

On to Frisco and some time to heal.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t understand why people get upset with people on here complaining about our performance or play calling. As mentioned above Phil was livid during the first half as everybody was making mistakes including the coaches. Just because u win doesn’t mean you don’t have issues that need to be addressed. I mean the ESPN announcers which seemed good last night complained about our play calling and even our defensive game plan in the first quarter.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I know there were a lot of empty seats but the crowd was great. It was LOUD many times.
    yes everyone was standing & screaming in south endzone
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I rewatched and realized how fortunate we were Lindsey “only” threw that final pass 50 yards (from their 30 to our 20). Word’s WR was wide open behind our defense. I originally thought it was more of a 50/50 chuck.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    1. Good job for those that were able to show up for the game. Sound and optics on TV were much better than other playoff games.
    2. Thought it was funny when Zach Mathias and Dawson Weber both looked at their white gloves and had the facial expression that said 'Why didn't you help me catch that ball'.
    3. Feels like our only "trick play" this year was the successful two point conversion.
    4. Wonder if Entz will use the recruiting angle 'We play a long season and have a lot of injuries, your son has a very good chance of getting play time early on'.
    5. Wish our players would shake hands with our opponent before running off to the fans and Frisco stage.
    6. Dawson Weber should have gotten Player of the Game.
    7. Cam admitted his throwing was off in the post game interview, told the coaches to use his legs.
    8. Wish our coaches would learn from passing teams like UIW how to get our receivers open.
    9. Congrats on another trip to Frisco.
    #3 - you must have pushed the SDSU game out of your head already. Cole Payton...I consider that a trick play due to the fact he ran 99% of the time he was in the game.
    #8 - what receivers do we have that you think are capable of getting open? Mathis gets open once in a blue moon due to his height. Hart could get open pretty easy when he actually played later in the year, but he gone. Not to mention the QB was trash in the passing game last night.