Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Incarnate Word Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Replay only showed 2 views. No idea how many cameras were used, but it was more than 2. The replay officials usually have a good idea if what camera will have the best view of the recovery. The announcers and possibly the director thought the issue was fumble/down, so that would explain where they focused. The default is going to be "stands" so to go with "confirmed" they must have had a very clear view of Bison recovery.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Just to reinforce what you're saying... There were at least six* cameras that could have had an angle on that play and we only got to see three of them. And one of the three was the initial live shot that wasn't zoomed in or slowed down. Very likely that one of the other three angles showed Brozio with his elbow clearly around the football before UIW 20 got it away.

*There was a camera on the SE corner concourse(1), in the east press box area at the 20(2), 50(3), and 20(4), a handheld camera on the field in the NE corner(5), and one in the north endzone pressbox(6). Camera 2 was used live, and cameras 3 and 6 were used for the ESPN replays. I'm guessing camera 1 or 4 was the one that showed the recovery.

Kobe's last TD was scored with 8:11 remaining in the game. We converted the 2 point conversion to go up 3.
    Pretty amazing how that would be the last score of the game based on how things had gone up to that point.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

IMO if Cam could figure out how to hit water when falling out of a boat that game would have been way different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Kobe's last TD was scored with 8:11 remaining in the game. We converted the 2 point conversion to go up 3.
    Pretty amazing how that would be the last score of the game based on how things had gone up to that point.
    I told my neighbor (who is officially enrolled in The. Bison Fan Conversion Program) at that point that all we needed was one more IWU mistake and game over.
    Don't believe everything you think.

What did we change on Defense after the first two IWU drives where they drove the field with ease? Did I miss something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe we started going back to base defense and had two LBs at the second level. Seemed to screw with their run game and actually screwed with the pass game too a bit. Whatever it was thankfully they didn’t wait till half to make the adjustment.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Trey Lance bailed them out and the defense. Last year I give them kudos beating JMU. That was the title game. We were lucky to play them at home We faced one good team in the playoffs last year. Rest were garbage

Trey Lance single handily beat JMU. We had like 70 yards passing. Scheme was garbage.

I would give anything for Vigen to be our HC. When I watch the Bobcats they are what we used to be.

Take a look at Hero All American teams. Freshman and sophomore teams Bobcats have several players. We have none. Zero.

After this senior class we have a major drop off on talent. Next year will be an eye opener for a lot of fans.

I don’t think next year is that type problem.

Two Super Senior OL declared they will be back next season.
    A veteran group of Rams, combined with a veteran QB, that is a great start for a Top-4 FCS team.
    Mason Miller, Jalen Sundell, Brandon Westberg, Jake Kubas, Grey Zabel -
    And, as always, spring & summer camps are exciting for seeing who steps forward among the younger players…..

Three RFr playing in the DL rotation, plus I believe Tony Pierce is back for a Super Senior season, plus the Moestart twins and Derritt and other experienced DL is another great start for a Top-4 FCS program. Or would you prefer I say Top-2? A player or 2 or 3 will need to step forward with their ability to put pressure/sack the QB, but that is a typical situation where players can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I agree with you. Problem is if we were playing that caliber of opponent we would have been blown out.

The talent level of FCS is nowhere what it used to be. Us included. After this year do we have a draftable player on the roster?

I’m no NFL scout, just a longtime casual fan, but there are a few players I like.

CB Courtney Eubanks, LB Cole Wisniewski are the first two who come to mind. Both played as true freshman and could be considered sophomores if they/the coaches choose.

Jr Safety Dom Jones can make plays, playing as a starter/full time next season will be a big opportunity for him. If he needs another year, he could do a Super Senior season.

OL Grey Zabel and Mason Miller could continue development, plus get a little bigger and make that jump to Sundays.

I would add another category - Are players able to grow into All-Conference types?
    Maybe they don’t have NFL size, but can be great college players.
    RFr LB Logan Kopp is the first name that I think of here - at 6’ 1” 218 will he ever be big enough for the NFL???
    Don’t know, but he can still be a great college player.

Cannot find UIW post game press conference. Did they do one?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Cannot find UIW post game press conference. Did they do one?
    I searched for it several times yesterday without any luck.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]