Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 more National Championship will put us at #1 all time

Default Re: 1 more National Championship will put us at #1 all time

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    NDSU has had this video theme of Hang 10. Obviously 10 being the number of D1 National Champinships

With 1 more National Championship, we will be at the top of the list for total National Championships for all of football, all Divisions

Yale has the most National Championships in College football history with 18. Their titles were won between 1874 and 1927 and pre date the forward pass

We currently have 17

9 of our National Championships are D1. 3 are College Division (pre 1972 there were only 2 Divisions) and 5 are Division 2.

USC and Michigan have 9 D1 National Championships. Notre Dame has 13. Princeton has 15. Alabama has 16

Getting to 10 is a big number but 18 is the biggest.

Just to put it into perspective of how hard it is to win 18 national championships...

If you throw D2 and D3 into the mix.
    Mount Union (D3) has 11 and the next highest is 4. Northwest Missouri State has 6 D2 titles.

If you go to the NFL, the Steelers and Patriots have won 6 each. (Cowboys and 49ers have 5 each) If you go back to NFL Championships (pre super bowl), Green Bay has won 9 NFL Championships and 4 Super Bowls

College Basketball - UCLA has 11. Kentucky has 8

Womens College Basketball - UCONN had 11. Tennessee has 8

NBA - Boston Celtics and Minneapolis Lakers / LA Lakers have 17. We could surpass them with 18

The only one that may never be caught is the Yankees with an insane 27. The Cardinals have 11

This would make us the 2nd most successful dynasty in sports history, regardless of Division. Can someone fact check me? There has to be something with more, like a ping pong national championship
    Don't forget the NHL, Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times.

Guess I should read rest of the thread.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

What's the connection between Mike Golic Jr. and NDSU? Also what was with the video before this with surfing? Did the NDSU media people just find out about cameo.com?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    What's the connection between Mike Golic Jr. and NDSU? Also what was with the video before this with surfing? Did the NDSU media people just find out about cameo.com?
    Golic Jr. did call a playoff game in Fargo and probably loves the old-school rushing attack.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Golic also partied with Scottie and I for three harrowing days after. He's a lifer now bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Surfing…hanging ten
    Bison 10 potential national championships, ie., “Hang Ten”

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Surfing…hanging ten
    Bison 10 potential national championships, ie., “Hang Ten”
    Yea, if that was the only analogy on earth it was still a bad choice for a program in north dakota.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Yea, if that was the only analogy on earth it was still a bad choice for a program in north dakota.
    I'm not sure you're getting it. Hanging ten was in reference to hanging the 10th championship banner.... I liked it.

Lol ten characters

I would've preferred the video to have an Arabic theme due to the 10 base number system
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*