Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 more National Championship will put us at #1 all time

Default 1 more National Championship will put us at #1 all time

NDSU has had this video theme of Hang 10. Obviously 10 being the number of D1 National Champinships

With 1 more National Championship, we will be at the top of the list for total National Championships for all of football, all Divisions

Yale has the most National Championships in College football history with 18. Their titles were won between 1874 and 1927 and pre date the forward pass

We currently have 17

9 of our National Championships are D1. 3 are College Division (pre 1972 there were only 2 Divisions) and 5 are Division 2.

USC and Michigan have 9 D1 National Championships. Notre Dame has 13. Princeton has 15. Alabama has 16

Getting to 10 is a big number but 18 is the biggest.

Just to put it into perspective of how hard it is to win 18 national championships...

If you throw D2 and D3 into the mix.
    Mount Union (D3) has 11 and the next highest is 4. Northwest Missouri State has 6 D2 titles.

If you go to the NFL, the Steelers and Patriots have won 6 each. (Cowboys and 49ers have 5 each) If you go back to NFL Championships (pre super bowl), Green Bay has won 9 NFL Championships and 4 Super Bowls

College Basketball - UCLA has 11. Kentucky has 8

Womens College Basketball - UCONN had 11. Tennessee has 8

NBA - Boston Celtics and Minneapolis Lakers / LA Lakers have 17. We could surpass them with 18

The only one that may never be caught is the Yankees with an insane 27. The Cardinals have 11

This would make us the 2nd most successful dynasty in sports history, regardless of Division. Can someone fact check me? There has to be something with more, like a ping pong national championship

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: 1 more National Championship will put us at #1 all time

North Carolina's women's soccer team has won 21 nattys and all since 1982 when the NCAA started hosting a national tournament for women's soccer. Their success was utterly ridiculous - 9 straight titles from 1986-1994 and 16 titles in 19 years from 1982-2000: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...men%27s_soccer

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    North Carolina's women's soccer team has won 21 nattys and all since 1982 when the NCAA started hosting a national tournament for women's soccer. Their success was utterly ridiculous - 9 straight titles from 1986-1994 and 16 titles in 19 years from 1982-2000: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...men%27s_soccer
    Thats crazy. Suprisingly they havent won one in 9 years so it shows how a dynasty can end. With the state of our program, if we can keep it going, its possibly in reach. Would have to win it this year and 3 more. But 1 at a time so we can be the #1 Football Program in College Football History

By my count all time dynaties
    Yankees - 27
    UNC Soccer - 21
    Yale Football - 18
    NDSU Football - 17
    Boston Celtcs - 17
    Minneapolis/LA Lakers - 17

I checked into Lacrosse. Syracuse has 10

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Thats crazy. Suprisingly they havent won one in 9 years so it shows how a dynasty can end. With the state of our program, if we can keep it going, its possibly in reach. Would have to win it this year and 3 more. But 1 at a time so we can be the #1 Football Program in College Football History

By my count all time dynaties
    Yankees - 27
    UNC Soccer - 21
    Yale Football - 18
    NDSU Football - 17
    Boston Celtcs - 17
    Minneapolis/LA Lakers - 17

I checked into Lacrosse. Syracuse has 10
    Montreal Canadiens - 24

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    Montreal Canadiens - 24

Thats Canada. Buthockey

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Montreal Canadiens - 24

Australia's top kangaroo boxer Hop Stopper won 8 straight titles. This is not real but just it is as worthy as the Montreal stat.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Thats Canada. Buthockey eh
    Fixed it for accuracy eh.

Lardsin must go!

It counts to me. Not like it's bs college hockey.

It counts to me. Not like it's bs college hockey.

Canadian teams are about as relevant as international soccer imo

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joey Chestnut has 15 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship Mustard Belts

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk