Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It would be so frustrating to see Waege miss this game considering how much they'll need a pass rush against UIW and how he got hurt with 40 seconds left in a game they were leading by 18.
    I agree with you Prof. I was super mad when this happened as I was wondering a minute earlier why some of these guys were out there still, but Entz has always been that way and most on here can't understand why he puts out team in jeopardy when the game is out of hand.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So did Arden Beachy and Carson Wentz.

I certainly hope he isn't hurt and will be elated if he plays. He is just so disruptive.
    Beachy did? I don't remember it like that. I thought his was a catastrophic knee injury. That said, it's been a looong time.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Just not seeing it with UIW.

They beat 2-10 Nevada: gave up 41 to an offense that averaged 18 all year. They beat Sac State by 3 after giving up 700+ yards and not forcing one punt, and their defense seemed more content with two-hand touch.

In their league, they lost to SELA by 6. The other six schools in the Southland have Sagarin ratings over 200, average margin of victory was 40 points in those 6 games. They also beat something called Faulkner 70-0.

They are Jacksonville State from 2015, but they played an even worse schedule and aren't as overtly arrogant.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UIW's win over FBS Nevada is the same as NDSU's win over Youngstown. Nevada 149 in latest Sagarin, Youngstown is 138. Suuuuuuper impressive FBS win!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Entz (via Dom Twitter) said at the Monday presser that Raja, Tamerik, and Cole Payton were all running at practice today and were day to day for Friday's game. I find that very surprising and I will guard my optimism by believing that if we make it to the Championship that we would have all 3 of them. Would be fantastic to have any of those players for this week already but not going to assume any of them.
    I don’t have Twitter so haven’t seen what was tweeted. But per the presser I listened to Entz stated everyone was at practice and moving around, no mention of running specifically. I would also be surprised to see Raja especially play again this season. Getting taken off on a cart at this point in the playoffs doesn’t leave me very optimistic.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Beachy did? I don't remember it like that. I thought his was a catastrophic knee injury. That said, it's been a looong time.
    As I remember, he walked off (or at least started to) and you could see his knee bend wrong at one point. But, yeah, everybody knew it was bad right away.

Edit: He didn't walk off - I found this "I said I’d never get carried off the field, so it was hurting, but I got up, took three or four steps, but I could tell my knee was just wavering. There was no stability. Then Scott Woken came out and said, ‘Hey, sit down.’ I sat down then I knew I was in trouble because they bent it out at an angle, which was pretty far and not normal.”

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/ora...they%20endured.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don’t remember him walking off either, but that’s almost 30 years ago. I do remember him being down for a while, but couldn’t tell ya if a cart drove out to pick him up or not.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Teamsstats breakdown for the two teams:

UIW's defense is pretty good statistically. They sure didn't look like it in the last game but NDSU's run game looked far from dominant in the last game as well. One of those two units (UIW's defense or NDSU's run game) will probably return to form this Friday... we all know which one.

Opponents 3rd conversion %...yuck..#58 in FCS....jax #17, msu #18, word #27

22: 40%
    21: 27%
    20-21: 33%
    19: 34%
    18: 28%
    17: 25%
    16: 25%
    15: 26%
    14: 32%
    13: 26%
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    I don’t have Twitter so haven’t seen what was tweeted. But per the presser I listened to Entz stated everyone was at practice and moving around, no mention of running specifically. I would also be surprised to see Raja especially play again this season. Getting taken off on a cart at this point in the playoffs doesn’t leave me very optimistic.
    That's how I heard it. I think he said some practiced, but no names were mentioned in his answer.

Students will be gone.
    PRES COOK & ENTZ NEED TO AGREE TO BUY ALL STUDENT TICKETS LIKE SDSU DID!!

WHERE IS OUR HORSE$HIT ADMIN & MARKETING??

hell find a sponsor via donation to cover it & run it thru coach.

stupid not to
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?