Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Their running QB is definitely the scariest thing. At least compared to Arizona we are going in well prepared with a years worth of film of him running the offense on their team. Our d-line has also improved and we increased our athleticism at LB with #31 back from injury.

Defensive gameplan should focus on not letting their QB beat us with his legs.
    also, #53 was walking around in street clothes on the sideline Friday without any hint of injury. If he has been continuing to run around perhaps there is a change he suits up for this one.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Playing an elite mobile QB is some scary stuff but man....that is like the one thing this team feels like it is built for. We went away from the more traditional LB roles and now have mostly tweeners at the position and a good secondary (still miss Sigle). Let Julian, Cole, James, and all these athletic and slighter LBs make that mobile QB work for it. I won't read too much into the Arizona game as that was the first game of the year for this LB group that definitely needed some experience together.

If Waege is healthy AND we get back #53 for some rotational snaps I like our chances to end their drives early enough times to lean on them.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Playing an elite mobile QB is some scary stuff but man....that is like the one thing this team feels like it is built for. We went away from the more traditional LB roles and now have mostly tweeners at the position and a good secondary (still miss Sigle). Let Julian, Cole, James, and all these athletic and slighter LBs make that mobile QB work for it. I won't read too much into the Arizona game as that was the first game of the year for this LB group that definitely needed some experience together.

If Waege is healthy AND we get back #53 for some rotational snaps I like our chances to end their drives early enough times to lean on them.
    Also to my eye Wertz is slower than Kubitz, so I'd rather have him out there against a more mobile QB anyway. Preferably would have Cole there, which Entz alluded to that he would have taken snaps at the mike by now if he wasn't out for so many weeks due to injury.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post

I think a mobile QB concerns me when they also have the ability to throw the ball. I don't see this kid having that ability against our defense. The AZ kid had both...he ran for first downs but also threw for them as well. Spy this IW guy with Wiz, bring a dominant pass rush and keep him in a bubble where the only way out for scrambling is up the middle vs outside. He isn't going to beat us all by himself.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    I think a mobile QB concerns me when they also have the ability to throw the ball. I don't see this kid having that ability against our defense. The AZ kid had both...he ran for first downs but also threw for them as well. Spy this IW guy with Wiz, bring a dominant pass rush and keep him in a bubble where the only way out for scrambling is up the middle vs outside. He isn't going to beat us all by himself.
    He looked like a decent passer in the Sac State game to me. Kid is definitely a very good QB for the FCS level.

Do we Nickel?
    Use 3 DL & drop 8?
    Or same Tampa 2?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Draft Kings is currently at -8 with an o/u of 69.5.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Do we Nickel?
    Use 3 DL & drop 8?
    Or same Tampa 2?
    I'm sure Bisonville will love to see the 3 man front used against EWU again.

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    His longest run (for a td no less) was right up the middle.

I agree with throwing comment. If he throws similar to what he did against Sac, we should have 2-3 interceptions. Lots of under-thrown deep balls with a lot of air under them.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    His longest run (for a td no less) was right up the middle.

I agree with throwing comment. If he throws similar to what he did against Sac, we should have 2-3 interceptions. Lots of under-thrown deep balls with a lot of air under them.
    Those runs up the middle was him going through a hole without a LB/Safety in sight. I'd like to think our D will play more gap sound defense and can spy him...let our corners and secondary (which is a strength of our D right now) cover the receivers out there. Not arguing at all, this kid can run away from people no doubt. But I'm not about to compare a Big Fluffy D to the Bison.....ever.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1