Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He looked like a decent passer in the Sac State game to me. Kid is definitely a very good QB for the FCS level.
    Agreed! We'll need to be sound in all phases of defense. Did anyone notice where this kid has played collegiately? Like 5 different schools, yikes.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this may be the best team to possibly put up 50 points against us. IIRC the closest any team has come RECENTLY to putting 50 on the Bison was Eastern Washington in 2016 @ 44.

BUT, I think we could put a bunch of points on The Word also. I don't have a gut instinct or a strong feeling one way or another for score.

The mostly likely outcome I see happening is.
    Bison: 43
    Word: 31

Their offense is good. Their defense seems good at times. They will have to play damn good to win on Friday. The Bison will have to not %&@! it up, control the clock, and keep the ball. Same old same old.
    Last edited by Mr Pep Band; 12-12-2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: SHSU put up 48 in '09

Entz (via Dom Twitter) said at the Monday presser that Raja, Tamerik, and Cole Payton were all running at practice today and were day to day for Friday's game. I find that very surprising and I will guard my optimism by believing that if we make it to the Championship that we would have all 3 of them. Would be fantastic to have any of those players for this week already but not going to assume any of them.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Entz (via Dom Twitter) said at the Monday presser that Raja, Tamerik, and Cole Payton were all running at practice today and were day to day for Friday's game. I find that very surprising and I will guard my optimism by believing that if we make it to the Championship that we would have all 3 of them. Would be fantastic to have any of those players for this week already but not going to assume any of them.
    No mention of Waege running though. And Coach Entz says that we might have a true freshman in the DE rotation for this game (Kelton McCaslin - 2022 - Football - NDSU (gobison.com))

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    No mention of Waege running though. And Coach Entz says that we might have a true freshman in the DE rotation for this game (Kelton McCaslin - 2022 - Football - NDSU (gobison.com))
    He walked off the field unassisted didn't he?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Indeed. Which if you were to ask me of those four including Waege who I would prioritize healthy for Friday it would, without question, be Waege. That being said, Waege is still listed as the starting DE on the 2 deep so I would guess he isn't ruled out yet but interesting that he wasn't mentioned along with the other "runners". Good point, Tony.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Kirk Gibson and Oscar Robinson, Waege will be back and do his thing. I hope...
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So did Arden Beachy and Carson Wentz.

I certainly hope he isn't hurt and will be elated if he plays. He is just so disruptive.

That could be adrenaline hiding the pain while he was walking off.
    It's OK to not be OK.

It would be so frustrating to see Waege miss this game considering how much they'll need a pass rush against UIW and how he got hurt with 40 seconds left in a game they were leading by 18.