Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Bullshit. It makes no material difference.
    actually it would've FANS wanted BEER so they could keep the partying going 5-6-7 years ago But in the last 3-4 seasons they all just got used to going home and watching it at Bars or Bison House Watch parties..

so by WAITING you lost a big part of the fanbase. congrats stony brook and deano BUT ILL COPY THIS TO THE BEER THREAD go there.

BACK TO THIS GAME... Watching their pass attack. I think our CB's all season are so concerned with the Tampa 2 that they've never jumped a route once this year , if I am the coach, I have them do that in this game a couple times.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The weather and road conditions will keep people away from this game. I've never missed a semi final game but this will be a last minute decision for me depending on the roads. Snow will end but visibility could be an issue on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    actually it would've FANS wanted BEER so they could keep the partying going 5-6-7 years ago But in the last 3-4 seasons they all just got used to going home and watching it at Bars or Bison House Watch parties..

so by WAITING you lost a big part of the fanbase. congrats stony brook and deano BUT ILL COPY THIS TO THE BEER THREAD go there.

BACK TO THIS GAME... Watching their pass attack. I think our CB's all season are so concerned with the Tampa 2 that they've never jumped a route once this year , if I am the coach, I have them do that in this game a couple times.
    Bull shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Make the top ten rows, corners, and endzone rafter seats super savers. Then maybe you have a lower price you can use during the playoffs. Or, send coloring contests to schools. If the kid wins a couple of free tickets the whole family will probably go. Boom, new set of fans. Every store that displays Bison colors in their front window during the season gets a group of tickets to playoff games. Boom, exposure and buzz. Re-engage the state, have people nominate the top Bison fans from the smaller towns to get free tickets. Have a signing day during the season where some of the players sign kids' stuff and hook the new generation of fans. Show the awesome weekly videos on local television during the evening news insead of just on social media. Let people trade a piece of UND memorabilia for a free bag of popcorn. Invest in helper monkeys. Just a few quick ideas and some may be better than others.
    You're assuming kids who win a coloring contest have parents who give even one shit about football...alot do not. They will not actively look for people to give them away to either who want the tickets. They don't care, the tickets will go in the trash.
    You're assuming a business that wins tickets will give them to people who give two shits about football...businesses already give away free tickets to people who don't show up. I've worked at places that give away tickets and the people who take/win them don't show up to the actual game.
    You're assuming people will go to a game if the ticket is $10 or so cheaper in the upper rows...if they really wanted to go, a bit of savings isn't going to make a lick of difference. They either had the money or they didn't. Or they actually wanted to go or they didn't.

The fact of the matter is that NDSU wins alot. People have gotten bored of it. And this is due to being FCS 100%. Alabama fans don't get bored of winning...because they are big time.
    And the real fans see the teams that we beat moving up to FBS and being successful, ranked top 25 in FBS.
    And we're supposed to get hard ons over Incarnate Word?

The only option is move up. If NDSU starts to lose in FCS, the Dome will be pin quiet all the time, not just on offense. (and by lose I mean like 3 games a year and don't make the FCS title game at least every other year)

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree on the weather front. It’s one thing to complain about attendance but most Bison fans know when it’s time to stay home. What happens if IUW ‘s flight is cancelled. That would be awesome in my opinion. At worst they arrive Friday morning. Talk about advantage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You're assuming kids who win a coloring contest have parents who give even one shit about football...alot do not. They will not actively look for people to give them away to either who want the tickets. They don't care, the tickets will go in the trash.
    You're assuming a business that wins tickets will give them to people who give two shits about football...businesses already give away free tickets to people who don't show up. I've worked at places that give away tickets and the people who take/win them don't show up to the actual game.
    You're assuming people will go to a game if the ticket is $10 or so cheaper in the upper rows...if they really wanted to go, a bit of savings isn't going to make a lick of difference. They either had the money or they didn't. Or they actually wanted to go or they didn't.

The fact of the matter is that NDSU wins alot. People have gotten bored of it. And this is due to being FCS 100%. Alabama fans don't get bored of winning...because they are big time.
    And the real fans see the teams that we beat moving up to FBS and being successful, ranked top 25 in FBS.
    And we're supposed to get hard ons over Incarnate Word?

The only option is move up. If NDSU starts to lose, the Dome will be pin quiet all the time, not just on offense.
    ‘Bama fans get bored also. Think about that

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    ‘Bama fans get bored also. Think about that
    huh....could have fooled me...and literally everyone. Especially the people counting merch sales, attendance numbers, etc....you fooled them all!

But you are a butthole, nothing to fool here. Go ahead, counter me. I don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    But you are a butthole, nothing to fool here. Go ahead, counter me. I don’t care.
    I don't have anything to counter. You said Alabama fans are also bored of their winning.
    There isn't really anything to counter. I think you pretty much did the damage yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Low attendance isn't anybody's fault? Yeah right. My uncle could sell a freezer to an eskimo. Teammakers and Matt Larsen can't sell championship football and beer to midwesterners? Maybe they should have some accountability. Put their feet to the fire. I dropped my tickets to basketball and football due to their poor customer service and I have heard the same thing from others. If you want the truth start asking people. The offices got too fancy and the job titles got too long to hit the streets and create a buzz in town for Bison football. Maybe when the tickets sold themselves the uppers forgot how to work up sales. People share ideas on here all the time for improvements and then they get shot down. If some of you were in charge we would still be riding horses because it is good enough and I don't see the need for it.
    Trying to sell out a playoff game shouldn't be done the week of the game. It should be a process of anticipation that was built up through the season. Plus if you are getting stuck with product you got to lower the price. $200 for a family of 4 to get in the door isn't exactly drawing in casual fans. I could probably rant for days on any topic... I am old. I say fire somebody so the rest know their ass is on the line to do something for next year.
    I've been saying for YEARS that NDSU needed to capitalize on the smaller donors (I even pitched this idea) and create special events just for them. I get that the big donors need a special kind of catering to, but they can't be the ONLY fish you're trying to attract if you want to stay relevant long term and find fans to put butts in the seats after the novelty of being the greatest show on turf wears off. Honestly, I don't think FBS would really change much of this either, at least not long term. Sure, the first GOOD FBS school we hosted would likely fill the dome, but that can't be sustained either unless you get more fan engagement during the game along with longer tailgates and other events for "normal" TeamMakers.

You can argue you shouldn't "have to" do this and I don't disagree that it shouldn't be required, but its wishful thinking honestly. The hype department needs to step up its game and sell the sizzle.