Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Default Re: It's the Word versus the Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    These guys are very Sam Houston-ish aren't they? Same conference, same high flying offense with loads of big numbers from skill players, same utter domination of lesser conference foes, same pwnage of a Big Sky champ in the playoffs... then they go to Fargo in the semis. We all know how that turned out for SHSU...

UIW's defense is used to playing competitive games for 2-3 quarters only and are now coming off two straight weeks of hyper-competitive games all the way until the end. The Bison offense needs to lean on them and make them break.

The crowd could have a big impact as well... there's no #ButtBama/#ButtCocks/#ButtDawgs for the UIW backers to use as reasons why they won't be intimidated by the Fargodome atmosphere. I'm guessing their FBS game atmosphere was church like since they stomped Nevada with only 14k in (reported) attendance - that was the largest crowd they've played in front of this year (although Sac St reported 13,722 last week and I'd bet that was probably more than Nevada had since all schools fudge their regular season attendance and FCS schools don't in the playoffs). Average attendance for UIW's games so far this year is just under 5k. Let's get loud on Friday night!
    Extremely reminiscent of shsu over most of the past decade. Its gonna take turnovers and refs that are really ticky tacky on dpi for uiw to win imo. I think they get embarrassed by ndsu's defense, especially after traveling to sac last week and putting up 66. I'm gonna guess they have 10 points or less entering the 4th qtr. NDSU desperately needs a WR to appear out of no where to win a national championship though.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

I Agree with the sentiment that NDSU should physically dominate, but the singular method for beating the Bison is this: Have an absolute ATHLETE at QB that continually makes something out of nothing with who is accurate.

This guy has it in spades, unfortunately. Still feel good about our chances, but this guy makes me nervous. He was grown in a lab to give NDSU defense major headaches. Hes like eric berrier (dont know how to spell it) but better runner... and better passer.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Scott might be the best QB we face all season, including Arizona. Our defense should get enough stops and we should hold them to their lowest point total all season. We should run the ball a little better than last game and win comfortably. 41-25 Herd.

Agree that they are very similar to SHSU but the difference is the running ability of Scott. He's definitely not a statue back there like Briscoe was for Sammy. He is going to give our defense fits. Need the dline to keep there rush lanes and contain and will need to have a spy on him. Our offense shouldn't have an issue staying on the field and scoring if Cam plays up to his ability and Roehl calls a decent game. Thinking it will be similar to Montana score 49-28 ish

Their running QB is definitely the scariest thing. At least compared to Arizona we are going in well prepared with a years worth of film of him running the offense on their team. Our d-line has also improved and we increased our athleticism at LB with #31 back from injury.

Defensive gameplan should focus on not letting their QB beat us with his legs.

I'm hoping we give TK the majority of the reps this week. TOP will be huge in keeping this low drama.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I'm looking forward to an exciting semifinal. I haven't seen UIW play, but I have confidence in our defense after holding Samford to just 9 points when their previous low vs. FCS opponents was 27.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Kinda wanted to see NDSU go on the road. Alas, should be fun for those who can attend.
    College of Business Alumnus

Flying up for this one. Absolutely pumped. Finding out in the next couple days whether I'll be with a group at tailgating or by myself due to weather concerns.

Bring on the wind, those who tailgate will be champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I now have Friday off so we can make the trek to TRF to see the CP Holiday Train since we can't go to Hankinson or Enderlin on Friday night to see it.
    It's OK to not be OK.