Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Less than 12,000 at the game they said? Sad showing. I get inflation sucks for all of us, but why then don't they lower ticket prices significantly? Our supposed "brand" is having a packed, loud and crazy home stadium.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Less than 12,000 at the game they said? Sad showing. I get inflation sucks for all of us, but why then don't they lower ticket prices significantly? Our supposed "brand" is having a packed, loud and crazy home stadium.
    From a pure financial standpoint it doesn’t make sense to lower ticket prices, yet. We’re still close to sellouts for most games during the regular season, and per NCAA rules you can’t lower ticket prices just for playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    We won't win next week if we only rush for 166 yards. Samford really got a lot of penetration.
    We need a full game on both sides of the ball next week

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    The ncaa requires you charge what you did in the regular season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Sellout at Bozeman.
    They haven’t won 9 of 11 championships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
    The issue is the experience at the game does not match the play on the field.
    We’ve geared the atmosphere to the old, outdated, audience far too long.
    Took WAY too long to get beer approved.
    The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
    We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
    Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
    We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
    The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
    I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?
    Can we update the team entrance beyond the blow up helmet?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Samford and Son sent packing.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
    The issue is the experience at the game does not match the play on the field.
    We’ve geared the atmosphere to the old, outdated, audience far too long.
    Took WAY too long to get beer approved.
    The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
    We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
    Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
    We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
    The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
    I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?
    Can we update the team entrance beyond the blow up helmet?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.
    I think you are correct in many ways.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

How in the actual fuck were there less fans in the dome tonight than in AZ in August? Jfc do alot of people need to stop putting their heads in the sand.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

they won pretty easily again in the end so nothing to complain about on the field. sure it could have been better but then we win like 52-7? we seem to face some really god awful QB.. or else our D is just that good.

these first and second round games have been blowouts for over a decade.. why spend money when there is no chance the Bison will lose.. they are glorified exhibition games on par with the Globtrotters...

This was my first time sitting down low on the 50 yd line and Wow is that crowd old... NO one stood once on third down or for big plays.. half the people must be in their 80s and need assistance getting to and from their seats..