Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Not likely, but could be a consideration. You aren't going to factor in the actual injury because you will have made the call before you know the injury.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    How bout the RB from Sac State who ran to the stands after scoring his TD, grabbed a beer from a fan and tried to chug it through his facemask? What penalty should be called on that one and why wasn't it last night?

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    How bout the RB from Sac State who ran to the stands after scoring his TD, grabbed a beer from a fan and tried to chug it through his facemask? What penalty should be called on that one and why wasn't it last night?
    I'm interested in this analysis.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    That should definitely be unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw players celebrating with fans in the IWU game at the end a well. Likely happened after the crew took their attention away from the players and moved on to the try. Will still be a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That should definitely be unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw players celebrating with fans in the IWU game at the end a well. Likely happened after the crew took their attention away from the players and moved on to the try. Will still be a downgrade.

They almost did it again later in the game too. Player attempted to grab another cup after a touchdown.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was unable to attend this game. I also just finished watching it. Wow, that last quarter on television was hard to stomach. The announces knew it was over and just started talking randomly while Samford continues to make us all sit through their pretend comeback. Our defense was a thing of beauty! Time of possession was phenomenal. I am going to do whatever it takes to get to the game this Friday!
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
    The issue is the experience at the game does not match the play on the field.
    We’ve geared the atmosphere to the old, outdated, audience far too long.
    Took WAY too long to get beer approved.
    The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
    We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
    Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
    We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
    The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
    I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?
    Can we update the team entrance beyond the blow up helmet?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.
    1 billion % agree with you!!! Just happy with how its been and that is good... BUT WAIT!!!!! T-SHIRT CANNON!!!!!! AND AND AND Our band plays the latest hits from Green Day really well!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

So the younger crowd will start attending games because we change the signs on the pillars? Better freebies might be nice, but how many college teams have some freebie for every game? If you want the band to improve, donate money for a scholarship fund to get more students in the band? I'll admit it's kind of lame to hear the same patriotic songs at halftime during every game year after year, but I have no idea if kids in the band have jobs that limit how much practice time they have.

I could care less what kind of fancy food is available because we'd still get the typical items like hot dogs, burgers, mini-donuts etc. My main focus is what's happening on the field and not being "wowed" by the facility.

As for the camera shots, they tend to focus on fans in the lowest rows which means they give more to Team Makers to get those seats so they tend to be older people who are bigwigs at a company that pays the dues or they spent a long time building up wealth to be a personal donor.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
    The issue is the experience at the game does not match the play on the field.
    We’ve geared the atmosphere to the old, outdated, audience far too long.
    Took WAY too long to get beer approved.
    The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
    We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
    Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
    We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
    The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
    I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?
    Can we update the team entrance beyond the blow up helmet?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.
    It's OK to not be OK.