Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

All true except TikTok is evil

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    You can see what you want to see. I see the next man coming up and making plays. This is a team of destiny that will get to Frisco, and when it gets there, it will meet and beat either MSU to continue its complete dominance over that school or SDSU to play a full four quarters and finish the game that they started in the regular season. We are going to Frisco, and we are winning another national championship.
    I’ll take that bet. Without Hunter or Williams I just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I’ll take that bet. Without Hunter or Williams I just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is Williams out for sure?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Rewatched most of the game. Anyone(including myself) that wants to complain about the offensive play calling should rewatch the second half now that your emotions have calmed. IMO it does not excuse the inability to adjust much earlier.

Also that was a complete defensive ASS KICKING! Until 12 minutes left in the game Samford had a big fat 0 on the board. They didn't score a TD until there were under 4 minutes left in the GAME. They took yet another team that had an inflated 40+ points per game and completely shut them down.

EDIT: Also the bush league decision making by their coach at the end of the game was just as embarrassing for them on TV as it was in person and the ref that put 2 seconds back on the clock and allowed that last timeout should be equally embarrassed.
    So you are saying the officials should ignore requests for TO?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

When the score differential is three possessions and there is MAYBE 2 seconds left on the clock when the coach calls for TO, yeah use some discression and realize not one single thing will be changed by allowing a TO in that situation. How many times have we all seen that scenario and the refs just walk off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

No but they should roll their eyes and give the "really" face while announcing it in that situation.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No but they should roll their eyes and give the "really" face while announcing it in that situation.
    They would definitely do that. But if they called the time out legitimately, and you saw they had 2 seconds left, you don't ignore it. Maybe in a 4th grade game on Saturday morning, but not in a varsity game and definitely not a college playoff game.

Anyone notice how Cole was walking after the game? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in full pads on the broadcast after being ruled out.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Anyone notice how Cole was walking after the game? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in full pads on the broadcast after being ruled out.
    He was in full pads but limping. My assumption was that if really really needed he could have gutted it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Its got nothing to do with the above. The problem is our fans. Our fans are pussy assed bandwagon fans that hate the cold. Going to a Bison game was the "cool" thing to do for a while and now the bandwagon fans are tired of it. The dome is a sterile, boring environment where it is too easy to get comfortable in your seat and nod off to sleep, however, given our fanbase, attendance would be a fraction of what it is if we had to play outside.

I'm all for going FBS, but going FBS isn't going to change our attendance or atmosphere problems, at least not long term. Our fans are just aren't diehard like fans of the helmet FBS programs.
    Disagree. Bandwagon fans only show up when the team wins. We are winning. We are the only team in history who wins too much for ovet a decade. Even Alabama doesnt win as much as we do. If that's not a sign to move up, I dont know what would be. How many fans traveled to Arizona?

They say success breeds success. Thats true and we've managed to take things to the next level, whether its FCOA, facility improvements or an IPF. That helps with recruiting. What really helps with recruiting is 2014 level excitement. Like every seat being sold out. Like a waiting list for season tickets. Like noise levels that rival any team. Its still impressive but it's not mind boggling crazy. The players feed off of the energy. When that's gone, we will see a decline

Since the football program has most of what it needs to be successful, we really need to focus on fans. Whether its making the dome bigger, making the experience funner for kids in the dome, improving the dome or building a fan athletics village http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ht=Crazy+ideas

Remember when the spring game drew 5k and fans tailgated? Remember when fan day had a mile long wait for autographs in the dome and they had games galore and fun stuff for kids? Now they let fans watch a walk through and hand out a few yard signs. Big fucking deal. Its a lazy apathetic athletic department who takes fans for granted

Although the population has grown by 40k since 2010, there is more competition for your entertainment dollar

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com