Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel 2022

Default Coaching Carousel 2022

Weber State head coach Jay Hill is leaving to become the defensive coordinator at BYU. A deal has been finalized.

Stanford coach steps down

Sanders to CU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Coaching Carousel 2022

Kent State has a head coach opening

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Weber State head coach Jay Hill is leaving to become the defensive coordinator at BYU. A deal has been finalized.

Stanford coach steps down

Sanders to CU
    Sanders will be interesting in Colorado, because frankly he is nuts... "You all better hit the portal."
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Sanders will be interesting in Colorado, because frankly he is nuts... "You all better hit the portal."
    I kinda like it... it's not like there's much of a, if any, foundation to build on there. Get rid of the kids who have the "coach is mean and isn't gonna give me the spot I'm entitled to" mentality and keep the kids that have the "*bleep* you, I'm going to beat out your Jackson St transfers for playing time" mentality. Deion's recruiting draw is undeniable so give him a chance to go after a few of the hundreds of guys in the portal right now and I have little doubt he could instantly raise the talent level there considerably.

That said there's plenty of risk to team chemistry to try to throw together than many new guys together and the Pac-12 isn't the SWAC - he's not going to be able to puff up his team's W-L record with teams at the bottom of the subdivision like he did this year at JSU (and really has pretty much all 3 years he was at JSU given how awful the SWAC is).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I kinda like it... it's not like there's much of a, if any, foundation to build on there. Get rid of the kids who have the "coach is mean and isn't gonna give me the spot I'm entitled to" mentality and keep the kids that have the "*bleep* you, I'm going to beat out your Jackson St transfers for playing time" mentality. Deion's recruiting draw is undeniable so give him a chance to go after a few of the hundreds of guys in the portal right now and I have little doubt he could instantly raise the talent level there considerably.

That said there's plenty of risk to team chemistry to try to throw together than many new guys together and the Pac-12 isn't the SWAC - he's not going to be able to puff up his team's W-L record with teams at the bottom of the subdivision like he did this year at JSU (and really has pretty much all 3 years he was at JSU given how awful the SWAC is).
    I'm sure there's no way he could've achieved the same thing without being unprofessional, condescending and just a plain ass about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

The flipside is that many fans (not specifically you) lament the lack of loyalty "in today's kids" but are ok with stuff like this. Hell its pretty common to see coaches talking out of both sides of their mouth on these issues.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The flipside is that many fans (not specifically you) lament the lack of loyalty "in today's kids" but are ok with stuff like this. Hell its pretty common to see coaches talking out of both sides of their mouth on these issues.
    That's true especially when I saw comments to him addressing his current/former players at Jackson St telling them to not just jump into the portal. I think there are many coaches at new places who do this same thing but don't do it as publicly as Deion just did. As much as many of us fans don't like all the increased transfers these days in college football, transfers can still be addition by subtraction.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12-07-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I'm sure there's no way he could've achieved the same thing without being unprofessional, condescending and just a plain ass about it.
    Like his message, but it's a message better delivered behind closed doors (and not with cameras and Twitter).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Like his message, but it's a message better delivered behind closed doors (and not with cameras and Twitter).
    I liked his message in that he was indirectly honest about how much of a circus his time at Colorado is going to be.

You don't give that message to those kids with cameras on their faces. He was standing in front of them alternating between calling them b*tches and bragging about how great of a person he is. All while some dufus in an Amazon Prime sweatshirt tries to keep a mic boom in front of his face.

Punk. Move.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Purdue Coach Brohm back to Louisville??