Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vs Northern Iowa

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Vs Northern Iowa

Lead by 4 at end of 1st quarter, down by 15 at half.

Default Re: Vs Northern Iowa

UNI leads 63 to 48 into 4th quarter.

Bison lose 79 to 70.

I know that most Bison fans don't really care about WBB. They have a decent team with a lot of young players getting used to playing. I think they have a chance to be pretty good down the road. I hope the fan base catches fire as they look promising.

it was fools gold early. best of luck to them.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was definitely not fools gold, this is a good team that's struggling a bit with the long road trip. Worst shooting performance of the season last night and still only lost by 9 to a solid UNI squad. Probably still should've won but the refs were giving touchy calls to UNI all night and they got to the FT line 42 times after NDSU would play good defense the entire possession. 3rd game in 6 days, haven't played at home since 11/22 and it's starting to show. Heaven Hamling is not going to go 3-16 very often, Elle Evans also only went 6-19 on a lot of shots she usually makes. Those two are the minute leaders for NDSU and seems like the legs might just be a little tired from this trip. Couple days off before the next game Saturday and then 9 days off before opening the season at home will do this team wonders. I expect them to hit the ground running in Summit League play.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    It was definitely not fools gold, this is a good team that's struggling a bit with the long road trip. Worst shooting performance of the season last night and still only lost by 9 to a solid UNI squad. Probably still should've won but the refs were giving touchy calls to UNI all night and they got to the FT line 42 times after NDSU would play good defense the entire possession. 3rd game in 6 days, haven't played at home since 11/22 and it's starting to show. Heaven Hamling is not going to go 3-16 very often, Elle Evans also only went 6-19 on a lot of shots she usually makes. Those two are the minute leaders for NDSU and seems like the legs might just be a little tired from this trip. Couple days off before the next game Saturday and then 9 days off before opening the season at home will do this team wonders. I expect them to hit the ground running in Summit League play.
    They've been on the road forever. Seasons arent made in non conference. These close losses are good experiencd. We can be really good... and not so good at times

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The girls definitely looked tired last night, but the refs didnt help at all. 42 free throws for them and very ticky tac calls. They didnt let the girls play at all. Very hard to watch. I expect once they get to conference schedule they will be playing for a top 4 seed. Excited what this team could look like in the coming years. Anyone know what happened to the crowds and support for NDSU womens basketball? In the 90s they got big crowds and support.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan Forever View Post
    The girls definitely looked tired last night, but the refs didnt help at all. 42 free throws for them and very ticky tac calls. They didnt let the girls play at all. Very hard to watch. I expect once they get to conference schedule they will be playing for a top 4 seed. Excited what this team could look like in the coming years. Anyone know what happened to the crowds and support for NDSU womens basketball? In the 90s they got big crowds and support.
    Maren Walseth happened, her NDSU teams were unwatchable and so fans stopped watching, myself included. Hoping people realize what Jory is building here and get out and support them, they deserve it. Landing the 2 seed is not out of the realm of possibility for this team and I think they can do it, USD is a little down this year with the coaching change and a season ending injury to one of their best players in Madison Grange, they are 0-4 since she got hurt and lost by 7 to the same Northern Colorado team that NDSU beat by 14.

Fans aren't going to come back overnight, gonna take more consistent winning and maybe a NCAA tourney appearance to really get them back. Jory's got the program headed in the right direction at least. Just the opposite on the mens side and ML should be aware of it!