Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Portal Offers

Default Re: NDSU Portal Offers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Minnesota offered Durfee from USF.
    Obviously he was dynamic as a freshman and he's 6-6, 260. Minnesota doesnt recruit 6-2 DEs unless they are quick as a cat

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You want dynanic RBs. I want dynamic DEs with proto typical Bison height, like Waege, Tuzska, and Jirik. Or prototypical 3 techs like 6-4, 290 Tanguay and Leeven Perry

I also want some more size at linebacker Guys like James Kaczor are great players, who dont have the frame to play a full season
    I wouldn’t mind a Greg Menard but he doesn’t fit your height so discard him I guess.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I wouldn’t mind a Greg Menard but he doesn’t fit your height so discard him I guess.
    The RDE can be smaller if they are crazy quick and situational. Especially for obvious passing downs. Right now Roques and Pierce are similar.

Although Menard was not only crazy quick, he had a crazy ass wingspan which is key for a DE

Every good Bison team has prototypical sizes. There are exceptions but we have years of proof

And i never said Zenzen couldnt be a good DE. I said his is average size for a DE but better for LB.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

The RDE can be smaller if they are crazy quick and situational. Especially for obvious passing downs. Right now Roques and Pierce are similar.

Although Menard was not only crazy quick, he had a crazy ass wingspan which is key for a DE

Every good Bison team has prototypical sizes. There are exceptions but we have years of proof

And i never said Zenzen couldnt be a good DE. I said his is average size for a DE but better for LB.
    Not NDSU LBs. He's carries much more weight than any lb in recent memory. The closest would be deluca. NDSU LBs even inside are closer to 220. Even board and cox were only 230. He will 20-30 lbs heavier than the lbs NDSU has been using for years. I hope I'm wrong, but will be shocked if somebody that much bigger will be able to do what is asked of NDSU. He's like 30lbs heavier than hankey and marlette for fucksakes.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

More guys like Deluca and Cox thank you
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Minnesota offered Durfee from USF.
    He Gone.....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Not NDSU LBs. He's carries much more weight than any lb in recent memory. The closest would be deluca. NDSU LBs even inside are closer to 220. Even board and cox were only 230. He will 20-30 lbs heavier than the lbs NDSU has been using for years. I hope I'm wrong, but will be shocked if somebody that much bigger will be able to do what is asked of NDSU. He's like 30lbs heavier than hankey and marlette for fucksakes.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Our linebackers some years are smaller because speed is required and its harder to recruit size and speed. Those guys tend to go P5. So we end up bulking up a safety at linebacker. Better in coverage but worse against the run. Also a safety playing linebacker tends to get injured more often. But we have had plenty of heavier linebackers when we can recruit them. But it's not all about weight, its height and length. Cole Wiesniewski (sp) is 6-4

Deluca - 6-3, 245
    Jabril Cox - 6-3, 233
    Joe Mays - 5-11, 243
    Zenzen - 6-2, 245

But i agree the days of Dick Butkus linebackers are going away. I think Joe Mays would even struggle in modern football and would be a base middle linebacker. Kind of a liability in coverage

Our linebackers some years are smaller because speed is required and its harder to recruit size and speed. Those giys tend to go P5. So we end up making a safety a linebacker. Better in coverage but worse against the run. Also a safety playing linebacker tends to get injured more often. But we have had plenty of heavier linebackers when we can recruit them. But it's not all about weight, its height and length. Cole Wiesniewski (sp) is 6-4

Deluca - 6-3, 245
    Jabril Cox - 6-3, 233
    Joe Mays - 5-11, 243
    Zenzen - 6-2, 245
    Deluca had major shoulder injury; Cox had injuries that kept him off field/out of some games; Mays? (with the least “length” and about same weight)—>not sure he was physically capable of being injured, but certainly capable of inflicting injuries.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Deluca had major shoulder injury; Cox had injuries that kept him off field/out of some games; Mays? (with the least “length” and about same weight)—>not sure he was physically capable of being injured, but certainly capable of inflicting injuries.
    I wonder how Mays would fit in modern pass happy football. He was built like a friggin tank but not very good in coverage. (He was pulled often for 3rd and long even in college) Football is so pass heavy these days. But Mays would be super valuable against a power run team like SDSU

There was a brief moment of 4 games in 2017 where we had DeLuca, Board and Jabril all playing linebacker and I remember thinking thats the best we will ever see.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gabe do you know cone drill times of these guys? 40 times?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]