Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Portal Offers

Default Re: NDSU Portal Offers

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Weerts......Kopp has been flying all over the field for the past 6 games, would rather see him with Zenzen and Wisniewski.

Either of the DE's would be great to get.
    this is true. Weetz could bulk up too. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Weerts......Kopp has been flying all over the field for the past 6 games, would rather see him with Zenzen and Wisniewski.

Either of the DE's would be great to get.
    Yes, the one star Kubitz has outplayed the 3 star Weertz in my opinion.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    What are the odds Zenzen plays DE? We basically return are whole LB core minus Kaczor. Zenzen is 6-2 245 and we are definitely in the market for DE's going off the portal offers of Peterson and Durfee.

Also, maybe Peterson will recconnect with Zenzen at NDSU both being Iowa St transfers.
    He's average size as a DE but bigger for a linebacker. He could do both but he's been training as a linebacker. DE is is easier to learn. Mike linebacker has a learning curve. Sam and Will seem to be a faster path. I could see him playing weakside and moving Wiesniewski to the middle at times. Zenzen is such a good athlete we will find a spot for him

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He's average size as a DE but bigger for a linebacker. He could do both but he's been training as a linebacker. DE is is easier to learn. Mike linebacker has a learning curve. Sam and Will seem to be a faster path. I could see him playing weakside and moving Wiesniewski to the middle at times. Zenzen is such a good athlete we will find a spot for him
    Here you go again with your perfect weight height size. You did same with Cam comparing him to Stick. Hunter Zenzen was listed at 245 on Iowa St's roster. He is already heavier than Ryan Reed 241, Dylan Hendricks 243, Tony Pierce 242, Loshiaka Roques 227, Kole Menz 230 and Jake Kava 243. Plus he would have the whole spring and summer to train his body to play DE.

I'm not saying he will end up a DE, it was just speculation. I'm just saying we return basically every LB. We are obviously in the market for DE going off offers.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Yes, the one star Kubitz has outplayed the 3 star Weertz in my opinion.
    Going to need both to bring home a trophy, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Going to need both to bring home a trophy, I think.
    Yeah, undersized LBs, by definition/size, SUCK.

Travis Beck and others beg to differ. Speed kills/helps tho. A lot.

Hankey didn’t have a lot of footspeed, I get that, but he had instinct, and knew how to play with his supporting cast who did have some speed. It’s all about feel in that situation. You can wait on your teammates to filter things in to you, know the sideline is a helpful defender, and close.

More to defense than meets the below average football mind.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Here you go again with your perfect weight height size. You did same with Cam comparing him to Stick. Hunter Zenzen was listed at 245 on Iowa St's roster. He is already heavier than Ryan Reed 241, Dylan Hendricks 243, Tony Pierce 242, Loshiaka Roques 227, Kole Menz 230 and Jake Kava 243. Plus he would have the whole spring and summer to train his body to play DE.

I'm not saying he will end up a DE, it was just speculation. I'm just saying we return basically every LB. We are obviously in the market for DE going off offers.
    You have to project our LB corps over the next 2 years, not just next year. Transfers typically start slow and become dominant their 2nd year

Its not about weight, its about height and frame. He's average size for DE. Most of our top DEs have been 6-4 or taller and the shorter ones are are usually speed rushers. Kramer cant make him 2-3 inches taller. So he's average DE size. Not saying he couldnt be good but there is a reason the 2 DEs on this list are way bigger

Size is a big deal. It's one of the reasons the middle of our defense had been gashed at times

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You have to project our LB corps over the next 2 years, not just next year. Transfers typically start slow and become dominant their 2nd year

Its not about weight, its about height and frame. He's average size for DE. Most of our top DEs have been 6-4 or taller and the shorter ones are are usually speed rushers. Kramer cant make him 2-3 inches taller. So he's average DE size. Not saying he couldnt be good but there is a reason the 2 DEs on this list are way bigger

Size is a big deal. It's one of the reasons the middle of our defense had been gashed at times
    Change username from Gabe/Herbot to “Moneyball” please and thank you.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Minnesota offered Durfee from USF.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Change username from Gabe/Herbot to “Moneyball” please and thank you.
    You want dynanic RBs. I want dynamic DEs with proto typical Bison height, like Waege, Tuzska, and Jirik. Or prototypical 3 techs like 6-4, 290 Tanguay and Leeven Perry

I also want some more size at linebacker Guys like James Kaczor are great players, who dont have the frame to play a full season