Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BiZon bs Goohers

Default Re: BiZon bs Goohers

Lee wisely chooses neutral. Franek must not give up a pt in 30 seconds and he wins.

Franek wins 2-1

#10 Minnesota 24
    #15 NDSU 9

About as expected

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Lee wisely chooses neutral. Franek must not give up a pt in 30 seconds and he wins.

Franek wins 2-1
    It wasn't exciting, but that was the best win of Franek's career. Hopefully that helps in March.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A few thoughts from the match

-DJ Parkers has talent and IMO not having a red shirt year is hurting him
    -March IMO is the best choice at 149
    -BiZon had a number of shots where they were in tight and couldn’t finish. That can’t happen.
    -Even more importantly than finishing shots they better learn how to get out from underneath. I believe they gave up six riding time points and a few of the matches over 2 minutes of RT.
    -Franek is one of the few wrestlers that’s in a good or better shape than Lee is. Neither guy looked tired after SV/TB
    -I had the BiZon winning HWT and Parker losing by decision and not TF. Otherwise I think it went as expected.
    -1200 people in attendance. Not sure if that’s good or bad with it being the gophers and there being a FB game at the same time
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    A few thoughts from the match

-DJ Parkers has talent and IMO not having a red shirt year is hurting him
    -March IMO is the best choice at 149
    -BiZon had a number of shots where they were in tight and couldn’t finish. That can’t happen.
    -Even more importantly than finishing shots they better learn how to get out from underneath. I believe they gave up six riding time points and a few of the matches over 2 minutes of RT.
    -Franek is one of the few wrestlers that’s in a good or better shape than Lee is. Neither guy looked tired after SV/TB
    -I had the BiZon winning HWT and Parker losing by decision and not TF. Otherwise I think it went as expected.
    -1200 people in attendance. Not sure if that’s good or bad with it being the gophers and there being a FB game at the same time
    I believe the last time the Gophers were in town was for national duals and it was the best atmosphere I've seen for at NDSU for a non football event. It was at the BBF, so much smaller capacity, but it was sold out and standing room only, and an absolute battle. I'm sure the football game affected it some, but not a ton. Not sure if there was much on the local HS wrestling calendar either.

The other key stat...for NDSU, only Mikey Caliendo recorded a takedown. That isn't good.