Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Samford

Default Samford

Friday Night Lights on Espn2. They look to be a quality opponent. Very good passing attack. QB left game. Backup came in and threw for 4 TD and can run. Only loss is to Georgia 33-0. They run a 3 down front. I think we can run on them.

Default Samford Quarterfinals Preview

Samford is a new opponent. For some reason, I thought that NDSU had played against their coach Chris Hatcher either when he was a college QB at Valdosta or when he was a coach at Georgia Southern or Valdosta. Looks like I thought wrong.

Anyway here are their last game's notes: SELA Game Notes)

Their QB is first-team SoCon Michael Hiers who is up for the Harlon Hill Walter Payton. Jabari Brooks, their humungous center (340 lbs) is second-team SoCon, along with RT Gavin Orr. The right side of their line is 50 lbs heavier then their left side - I don't think that I've ever seen that kind of disparity before.

They have a very young roster.
    Last edited by tony; 12-04-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Samford Quarterfinals Preview

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Samford is a new opponent. For some reason, I thought that NDSU had played against their coach Chris Hatcher either when he was a college QB at Valdosta or when he was a coach at Georgia Southern or Valdosta. Looks like I thought wrong.

Anyway here are their last game's notes: SELA Game Notes)

Their QB is first-team SoCon Michael Hiers who is up for the Harlon Hill. Jabari Brooks, their humungous center (340 lbs) is second-team SoCon, along with RT Gavin Orr. The right side of their line is 50 lbs heavier then their left side - I don't think that I've ever seen that kind of disparity before.

They have a very young roster.
    Quarterback is injured, backup played the whole game.

I think you mean Walter Payton trophy

We might need some threads merged here Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Default Re: Samford

NDSU favored by 12.5. Over/Under of 61.5.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NDSU favored by 12.5. Over/Under of 61.5.
    That spread isn't big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That spread isn't big enough.
    No, no it is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Oh wow... didn't realize that was how Samford stopped SLU in OT. Talk about a break going/not going your way. Had the SLU QB Cephus Johnson fumbled that ball 12" further back it goes out at the half yard line and SLU maintains possession with a 99% chance to score.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Quarterback is injured, backup played the whole game.

I think you mean Walter Payton trophy

We might need some threads merged here Tony
    Wow, was I off this morning. I merged two of the three threads and corrected my original post somewhat. I'm just about to watch Samford's game - curious about their schemes and their new QB.

Note: I kept a separate thread for posts that aren't previewing the game itself: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights (bisonville.com)

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Oh wow... didn't realize that was how Samford stopped SLU in OT. Talk about a break going/not going your way. Had the SLU QB Cephus Johnson fumbled that ball 12" further back it goes out at the half yard line and SLU maintains possession with a 99% chance to score.
    Yeah, that ball was punched out, but your point remains. And SELA was having no trouble marching up and down the field on them. Didn't SELA get blown out last year at some point in the playoffs? I don't think either one of those teams has a good defense.