Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Default Re: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Odd, there's other things to do in life. Crazy isn't it.
    Yeah I keep forgetting that high school sports and personal conflicts were invented in the last two years and hence wouldn't have affected attendance when we were selling out 2011-2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It would be interesting to see the demographics of season ticket holders. Is that part of the decline that people are busier? I have a kid in high school football now, it makes for a busy weekend to do Friday Night Lights followed up by a trip to Fargo for a game. I am sure NDSU understands all of this however.
    well yea. from 2009-2013 during the initial PARTY SCENE of the run, alot of tailgaters/fans were 25-40 range. now they are 35-50 with families and kids and jobs and stuff going on, it is what it is.

but then again Sports & Xmas Parties & Family Xmas parties were here in 2009-2013 too, hmmm what could of possibly changed.....

168 - 13 complete domination of a division that NDSU clearly doesn't belong in.. but i'll save that for the FBS better thread.

in 2013 I would walk around tailgate & dome and know 1000's of people, i did it last 2 games. poof none of those people are here and I know dam well they are huge NDSU fans but they know what's up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

just checking ticket page. NOTHING has been sold since 8am wed when they opened up. I see 4-5 sections of 15-20 seats sold.
    my gawd.

233,000 Fargo Population? and we are looking at under 10,000 1 week after 12,400 for Montana.

staying put is costing us $250k/game in potential revenue.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's flight stalking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4951
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Ahhh, THATS what they meant by Southern Speed
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    just checking ticket page. NOTHING has been sold since 8am wed when they opened up. I see 4-5 sections of 15-20 seats sold.
    my gawd.

233,000 Fargo Population? and we are looking at under 10,000 1 week after 12,400 for Montana.

staying put is costing us $250k/game in potential revenue.
    Ok first of all and most importantly for this post, if we moved up we wouldn't have a game tomorrow. So staying put is actually making NDSU money this week. How much? I have no idea, but it is more than if we were FBS. Last week we probably would not have had a home game, so another money maker. Next week I think we have another great chance at a home game. FBS definitely not. So 3 strikes and you're out for this post.

I'm all for an FBS move, but playoff time and playoff attendance is not the reason to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    GUMBY!!! yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Ok first of all and most importantly for this post, if we moved up we wouldn't have a game tomorrow. So staying put is actually making NDSU money this week. How much? I have no idea, but it is more than if we were FBS. Last week we probably would not have had a home game, so another money maker. Next week I think we have another great chance at a home game. FBS definitely not. So 3 strikes and you're out for this post.

I'm all for an FBS move, but playoff time and playoff attendance is not the reason to bring it up.
    well 70% goes to the NCAA so i guess we are both in the same boat StevDock. have a good day

Lower the ticket prices to meet the demand and it'll sell out. And also pay for the student tix, as they are a big part of NDSU's future ticket buying base. Even if you get a handful of them interested.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah I keep forgetting that high school sports and personal conflicts were invented in the last two years and hence wouldn't have affected attendance when we were selling out 2011-2018.
    I wonder how many work, sports schedules have been adjusted over the years due to potential Bison games (and yes there have been some because I've personally seen it). Hopefully everyone can see that this week's schedule is drastically different than every other year.