Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Default Re: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://samford.proboards.com/thread...state-football

Post is filled with some unique digs about Fargo. Real creative stuff. Have to imagine with creativity like this, Samford is the height of Alabamian intellectualism.

My favorite part was near the end. "We are playing a giant of the FCS, but they are FCS just like us. Every team we play is basically the same." Umm, no. Every team and every conference in the FCS is not the same.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://samford.proboards.com/thread...state-football

Post is filled with some unique digs about Fargo. Real creative stuff. Have to imagine with creativity like this, Samford is the height of Alabamian intellectualism.
    He/she seems to think they are playing SDSU, in Fargo. How does that work?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we need more eyeballs for our FBS invite
    We need balls for an FBS invite, not eyeballs. I only wish Matt Larsen had a pair.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    He/she seems to think they are playing SDSU, in Fargo. How does that work?
    I can only assume that it's meant as an ironic dig confusing the Dakota state schools. The guy is obviously playing 4d chess

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    My favorite part was near the end. "We are playing a giant of the FCS, but they are FCS just like us. Every team we play is basically the same." Umm, no. Every team and every conference in the FCS is not the same.
    Every team in the Southern conference is essentially the same. Decent offenses and terrible defenses. I literally just spent 5 minutes looking at the Furman roster by accident. It’s okay there’s essentially no difference.

I would just like to personally thank the selection committee for putting UIW at 7 and Samford at 6. UIW is a lot better and much more dangerous than Samford.

That defense was gassed on a late Saturday night game. They gotta fly up Thursday so super short week. Sounds like they may have lost their southern conference player of the year quarterback too…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Every team in the Southern conference is essentially the same. Decent offenses and terrible defenses. I literally just spent 5 minutes looking at the Furman roster by accident. It’s okay there’s essentially no difference.

I would just like to personally thank the selection committee for putting UIW at 7 and Samford at 6. UIW is a lot better and much more dangerous than Samford.

That defense was gassed on a late Saturday night game. They gotta fly up Thursday so super short week. Sounds like they may have lost their southern conference player of the year quarterback too…
    Can they even fly here from there though. Might need to take a stretch on covered wagons. Half their roster might die of dysentery.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 12-04-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Southern speed. More athletic. They only lost to Georgia. Were not as good as them. Your women are ugly. Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Exactly. And they gave us the prime time spot, not the late night shift on Friday.
    I look at Friday night as prime time. 11 am Saturday has ways been crap. Half the country is sleeping

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I look at Friday night as prime time. 11 am Saturday has ways been crap. Half the country is sleeping
    That 11AM CT spot in the quarterfinals will significantly outdraw the Friday night games in terms of viewers mainly because it's on ESPN not the deuce and because it immediately follows College Gameday on a Saturday when there's next to no college football being played (Army/Navy is the only FBS game). Back when the title game was also on ESPN2 these quarterfinals games were the most watched games of the playoffs for NDSU.

But, like I said, as a fan I like Friday at 6PM better than Saturday at 11AM. Good for SDSU to get the ESPN game and good for their fans that they don't have to freeze their asses off after sundown with the 6PM kickoff on Friday that NDSU got.

I'd also think (hope???) that we're able to get more fans into the dome on Friday night vs Saturday morning. Seems like there's more events (youth sports, travel, etc) going on in people's lives on Saturday morning/early afternoon than on Friday. That quarterfinal last year vs ETSU didn't even draw 12k fans (NDSU's lowest attended playoff game since the Robert Moris game on Thanksgiving Saturday in 2010 I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That 11AM CT spot in the quarterfinals will significantly outdraw the Friday night games in terms of viewers mainly because it's on ESPN not the deuce and because it immediately follows College Gameday on a Saturday when there's next to no college football being played (Army/Navy is the only FBS game). Back when the title game was also on ESPN2 these quarterfinals games were the most watched games of the playoffs for NDSU.

But, like I said, as a fan I like Friday at 6PM better than Saturday at 11AM. Good for SDSU to get the ESPN game and good for their fans that they don't have to freeze their asses off after sundown with the 6PM kickoff on Friday that NDSU got.

I'd also think (hope???) that we're able to get more fans into the dome on Friday night vs Saturday morning. Seems like there's more events (youth sports, travel, etc) going on in people's lives on Saturday morning/early afternoon than on Friday. That quarterfinal last year vs ETSU didn't even draw 12k fans (NDSU's lowest attended playoff game since the Robert Moris game on Thanksgiving Saturday in 2010 I believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Historically that 11 am spot has been anywhere between 1.4 and 2.1 million. The high end was ndsu vs sdsu. Low end was Coastal Carolina.

This game will probably draw around a million but like you said the attendace will probably be better. Also for Lakes, more Mountain West time zones will see it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com