Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here is a little nugget on betting for this game that popped into my feed this morning. This guy recommends best bet is Samford against the spread at +16.5

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...n-01gkm9398wta
    Pretty hilarious that he issues a final score projection of 38-22 and then suggests Samford +16.5 is the best bet. That's a pretty thin margin there, bud!

Samford Chris Hatcher presser

Don't believe everything you think.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I still don't understand why more fans don't take in these games where seats are available. Is it the $35 or $45 total cost for each? Are the so called fans in Fargo so spoiled that won't pay to go see a new team come play during the playoffs? The weather isn't an issue. The game time is ideal. Great Friday night activity for families, couples and single people! Locals should know the dynasty won't last forever so they need to catch a glimpse while they can. Question I have is since NDSU did not spend much on marketing NDSU footbal in the last 5 to 7 years, why don't they do some welll done big promotions on TV, radio and Internet to get more butts in the seats?
    Hmmmm well maybe there are other things that we are a part of. I will be coaching a School basketball game at this time, which my daughter is a part of the team. My son will have basketball practice, probably until kickoff. So he will finish at 6, I will finish at 6:30. If we didn't have those, our girls basketball team is also playing that night. It is a road game, so no idea if we would be going.

I've been to close to a couple hundred home games now since I graduated college, so the want to be there is there. But people do have other priorities that are more important than Bison football. Especially when they changed the schedule this year. I was excited to be there on Saturday, as I had no commitments.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Hmmmm well maybe there are other things that we are a part of. I will be coaching a School basketball game at this time, which my daughter is a part of the team. My son will have basketball practice, probably until kickoff. So he will finish at 6, I will finish at 6:30. If we didn't have those, our girls basketball team is also playing that night. It is a road game, so no idea if we would be going.

I've been to close to a couple hundred home games now since I graduated college, so the want to be there is there. But people do have other priorities that are more important than Bison football. Especially when they changed the schedule this year. I was excited to be there on Saturday, as I had no commitments.
    We've always had fans with other priorities so nothing changes there. It may be affecting you now and not previously, but in 2013-15 when we were seeking our quickly, the people who had other conflicts might not now. The only thing they'd changed is the fact we've done this many times now and it's not seen as a unique experience. The cost as well has probably gone up. Don't defend the time you are spending coaching your kids. That time will go fast.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    With all of your negativity, I certainly look forward to the day when you are either the new AD or have the title of "Special Advisor" to the AD.
    I'd totally crush at that job.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    We've always had fans with other priorities so nothing changes there. It may be affecting you now and not previously, but in 2013-15 when we were seeking our quickly, the people who had other conflicts might not now. The only thing they'd changed is the fact we've done this many times now and it's not seen as a unique experience. The cost as well has probably gone up. Don't defend the time you are spending coaching your kids. That time will go fast.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Spot on. Individual priorities are nothing new. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game at the Fargodome has declined. Saying that fans are spoiled (even if it may have some truth to it) will not do anything to improve attendance. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game needs to be increased.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'd totally crush at that job.
    Only if you think people pulling donations is crushing. I guess that would crush the program.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Spot on. Individual priorities are nothing new. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game at the Fargodome has declined. Saying that fans are spoiled (even if it may have some truth to it) will not do anything to improve attendance. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game needs to be increased.
    yea no shit we're spoiled. it's the fcs maybe 4-5 good PROGRAMS. maybe
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I still don't understand why more fans don't take in these games where seats are available. Is it the $35 or $45 total cost for each? Are the so called fans in Fargo so spoiled that won't pay to go see a new team come play during the playoffs? The weather isn't an issue. The game time is ideal. Great Friday night activity for families, couples and single people! Locals should know the dynasty won't last forever so they need to catch a glimpse while they can. Question I have is since NDSU did not spend much on marketing NDSU footbal in the last 5 to 7 years, why don't they do some welll done big promotions on TV, radio and Internet to get more butts in the seats?
    I am biting the bullet, pulling the kids outta school early and making the drive up I94 this weekend.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Don't forget to wear green for the code green game. I usually wear a yellow hoodie to keep warm on the walk from the car, but I guess my green pullover will be OK if it's in the 20s.
    It's OK to not be OK.