Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well 70% goes to the NCAA so i guess we are both in the same boat StevDock. have a good day
    So wouldn't NDSU pocket the other 30% ?????? Sounds like they make money then?????

Ticket prices are higher and fan interest is lower because there's no novelty to it anymore - it's not surprising demand isn't what it used to be and these aren't new things as this quarterfinal game has been the lowest attended playoff game for years. Last year for ETSU it was 11,794 - we beat the 2021 attendance for the 2nd round game last week and we might beat it again this week so you can spin in if you want that playoff attendance is trending up if you really want to.

Not sure why so much energy is wasted on lamenting attendance especially in the playoffs - it's not something any of us control at the macro level. It is what it is - enjoy the game. None of us have much control over the outcome of that either but those of us who will be there will be doing our part to help out how we can so that's where my energy will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Ticket prices are higher and fan interest is lower because there's no novelty to it anymore - it's not surprising demand isn't there and this aren't new things as this quarterfinal game has been the lowest attended playoff game for years. Last year for ETSU it was 11,794 - we beat the 2021 attendance for the 2nd round game last week and we might beat it again this week so you can spin in if you want that playoff attendance is trending up if you really want to.

Not sure why so much energy is wasted on lamenting attendance especially in the playoffs - it's not something any of us control at the macro level. It is what it is - enjoy the game. None of us have much control over the outcome of that either but those of us who will be there will be doing our part to help out how we can.
    Attendance gets used as a stick to beat the FBS dead horse
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    oh they are FAST..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Bullshit. Up is not a direction. Only in places like Colorado? What about sw ND to ne ND? Three thousand foot change in elevation. Same as some states on east coast where they have sea level but also mountainious areas where they'll be 5 thousand ft elevation changes.

People who live in Billings Mt and are going to drive to Red Lodge Mt will say they're going "up to Red Lodge"....it's SW on a map and about 1400 ft of elevation change, but still UP. I spent 20 some yrs as a guide in Yellowstone area and if another guide told me he was going "up country"....I knew he was going up the drainage, up the mountain, up the creek, whatever the case may be but it sure as hell didn't mean he was neccessarily going north.
    Yes, like I said, where there is significant elevation change going up is to a higher elevation and usually a shorter distance.
    I’ll trump your 20 years as a tour guide with my 35 years as a land surveyor. Going up North, going down South and going out West is all determined by location on a map! Mapping in the US started on the east coast so going east is usually back east or over to the east.
    Ain’t all this education fun!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All this arguing about UP DOWN OVER OUT, North upwards maps vs. elevation is hilarious and pointless.

I believe it is all framed in our perspective and relative context.

They going WIDE EAST around Moorhead... smart move with Longhorn, Slick, Endzone and Savvy all in Moorhead being #SOFT

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So much for "Southern Speed." They landed 27 minutes late.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    So much for "Southern Speed." They landed 27 minutes late.
    It'll be their ONLY Touchdown in Fargo. 3 FGs tomorrow. 28-9 final score

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    It'll be their ONLY Touchdown in Fargo. 3 FGs tomorrow. 28-9 final score
    Bold prediction Chapo. But certainly not out of the realm of reality. I predict they will have a couple FG's and a single TD on a busted coverage.