Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And refs weren’t calling holding too closely today. Had they been, 55 could have been called almost every pass play.
    Except for on that INT where Waege got hurt by Mr Cheap Shot. Calling Weber for holding on Flowers right after Kubitz started running would've been the worst call of the game had they not topped it about 3 seconds later by calling Waege for a low block for being on the receiving end of a cheap shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Except for on that INT where Waege got hurt by Mr Cheap Shot. Calling Weber for holding on Flowers right after Kubitz started running would've been the worst call of the game had they not topped it about 3 seconds later by calling Waege for a low block for being on the receiving end of a cheap shot.
    I agree! Weber holding was the fastest “hold” I think I’ve ever seen.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not sure how much I can really take away from that game. Weather, especially heaving rain, can be a neutralizer and cause some odd things to happen. Heck, Sac’s “running” Qb threw for 300 and their passing QB had more yards rushing than the their “running” Qb. At least I think that’s what I saw/heard while watching last 1 1/2 quarters.
    Passing QB had 300 yards but 3 ints I think and the running QB had 2 td passes. But you are correct it was a bit out of character for their offense.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Samford is a better opponent than Montana. Although worse against the run. Sac State and Incarnate Word could give us trouble if we dont clean up the defense
    I may be proven wrong but what I saw today I don’t think that is true. The defense in that SELA/Samford game was, too put it nicely, less than inspiring. I think that it is going to be proven that the SoCon and Southland are just not at the level of the MVFC/Big Sky/CAA.

gavin2126 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kudos to Reed Ryan for ripping Mr Cheap Shot's (#55) helmet off late in the game. Well justified 15 yard hands to the face penalty that ended up pretty much offsetting anyway when Mr Cheap Shot retaliated. If Hauck had any integrity he would've pulled that shithead after his cheap shot on Waege... he was basically trying to start shit by leaving him in there.
    For as much as I like to hate him I always respected that Mike Houston benched the OL that got flagged for the late hit after Nate Tanguay's shoestring interception in the 2017 natty against JMU.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Friday night at 6:00pm per Izzo tweet.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Izzo just tweeted NDSU will play the Friday 6pm game
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Miller sucks at passing.
    58 yards. woof
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    58 yards. woof
    49 points

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had to go find the play again because at first glance, I was focused on what Waege did and didn't notice anything of concern by the Griz player. I would love to see how Waege ends up on the ground in the first place. If 55 is the one who knocked him down, then the contact is questionable by 55. What I see is 55 is pursuing the runner, and an opponent is suddenly in front of him. The opponent rolls over, and 55 braces himself for the unexpected contact. But the sideline view shows 55's looking at the runner and suddenly notices there is a player on the ground in front of him.

This should not have been a foul on Waege either. He's not initiating a block. He's just in the way. The hold was correct, though, as you see the blocker is beat to the outside, but the restriction keeps him from turning. Pretty easy call.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk