Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Default Re: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    See here you go with that straw man thing again...you have been so good at avoiding it lately!

Straw Man #1: I doubt there is anyone, both pro-fbs-now and pro-wait-and-see, that thinks there is no fan fatigue setting in.
    Straw Man #2: "If you don't like seeing blue seats you're a bad fan" what on earth is this weird jump in logic? Fandom was never called into question here so it's pretty telling that is your takeaway.
    Straw Man #3: Nowhere did I say it's GOOD that games don't sell out. I long for the days where an NDSU ticket is a hot commodity. I said from a personal enjoyment standpoint...again, KEY WORD is personal...I love the opportunity to sit lower so if fans are apathetic, a silver lining is I am not stuck in the nosebleeds. If you think that is somehow me saying "I WANT EMPTY STADIUMS"

You are a weird dude for creating this imaginary enemy in "fcs forever" and all the straw men that consist of the fcs forever army.
    "I don't mind that the games don't sell out.
    My season tickets are high and in corner, so this gives me the opportunity to not purchase them and instead get much better seats every week.
    13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you

Strawman??? You literally said it lol! "nO oNe is sAyInG tHiS!.. well except me, of course..."

The Bison Fatigue thread is rife with Flat earther style Bison Fatigue deniers who suggest that level of competition has nearly nothing to do with empty seats, yourself among them. pretending The bison Fatigue thread is a circle jerk of us all agreeing about Fan apathy is revisionist history of the highest order.

But youre right we should just "stop worrying so much" about empty seats and "just enjoy" empty seats, because if youre "less excited" about empty seats, then that's a personal issue. Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    My season tickets are high and in corner, so this gives me the opportunity to not purchase them and instead get much better seats every week.
    13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you

Strawman??? You literally said it lol! "nO oNe is sAyInG tHiS!.. well except me, of course..."

The Bison Fatigue thread is rife with Flat earther style Bison Fatigue deniers who suggest that level of competition has nearly nothing to do with empty seats, yourself among them. pretending The bison Fatigue thread is a circle jerk of us all agreeing about Fan apathy is revisionist history of the highest order.

But youre right we should just "stop worrying so much" about empty seats and "just enjoy" empty seats, because if youre "less excited" about empty seats, then that's a personal issue. Makes sense
    dude are you going to be okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

That's why I've enjoyed and appreciated what they've done. The athletic department should take note of the lower attendance and do what they can to maximize it, but there is only so much they can control. They have a good a chance a anyone to win the championship this year, but there is no guarantee they'll do it. I hope they do. But if they don't I'll still get up the next day and move on with my life. And be a proud NDSU alum.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    wait did you just suggest fans who dont like empty seats or are proud of their team have something wrong with them? cuz i dont know how else to read that ha. Kato bully you in elementary school or something? steal your girl? your dog like him more?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Buddy, relax, it will all be ok.

I said I don't mind it from a personal standpoint because I get to be closer to the action. That is the consolation prize part I mentioned, which you conveniently cut out of my reply you quoted!

Let me try and simplify it for your burdened mind: NDSU selling out is good, fatigue is real but it at least allows me to sit closer to the action which is a nice consolation that I do not mind. I'm screaming the same whether there are 13k people or 19k people.

And YOU are the one that made the logical jump to imply when I said "then that's more on you" that I meant "you're a bad fan". It really just means its more a personal problem that it upsets people so much, not that any fan is bad because they are unhappy it isn't sold out.

Be Better, Bro.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    wait did you just suggest fans who dont like empty seats or are proud of their team have something wrong with them? cuz i dont know how else to read that ha. Kato bully you in elementary school or something? steal your girl? your dog like him more?
    You and Mankato have some weird ways to think about things!

Pretty sure Indy was just saying some people, for whatever reason right or wrong, hitch their wagon to "NDSU is the best because we have the best fans who sell every game out" and now that it isn't true, its hard when others come to them and now say "soooooo you aren't the best anymore"?

I don't know how much I agree or disagree with that, but it certainly wasn't looking like Indy suggested fans have something WRONG with them. It's very weird both you and Mankato have now made that jump...are you two ok?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    That all very well may be true; however, I was speaking specifically about tickets purchased for this weekend's game, in comparison to the lack of ticket sales for our game. Regardless of whatever "upward trend" they may be seeing, that doesn't appear to be the case for ticket sales for their game Saturday against Delaware.
    SDSU's last two home playoff games had the following attendance:

2019 vs. UNI (2nd Round): 4102
    2021 vs. UC Davis (1st Round): 3681

From what I'm hearing from SDSU fans they are anticipating/hoping that their playoff game this weekend will have a similar attendance to the last home game against Ill St. which was 8160. That's a fairly significant increase from their past two home playoff games. Their highest attended home game in playoff history is 7500 against UNI back in 2017. So if they can hit 8000 fans this weekend that would be an improvement over previous. If they had numerous previous playoff games with 18K in attendance and now they were struggling to hit 8000 I agree that would and should be alarming for them. Given the fact that they have had very low playoff attendance previously, if they get 8K this weekend I'm sure they would be excited about the growth. NDSU is still ahead of SDSU in a number of football program related categories. However, they are closing the gap on the field and they have lots of possible growth before they hit their ceiling. NDSU on the other hand is trending down in some categories. Will that affect the on field performance? Yet to be determined. But if I'm in a leadership role at NDSU I would be very concerned about the potential that seems to be being tapped into in Brookings. If they can keep growing their fanbase and donor infrastructure they are definitely going to have some real advantages in terms of budgets and spending. Especially if NDSU continues to trend downward.

I would also add that this is the first year that SDSU beat NDSU and didn't shit the bed in another game to move them down the seed lines. They are the #1 and will get 3 home games if they keep winning. As our program has seen, having those extra home games can directly impact revenue for the program but it also has a huge indirect impact in the community. As that excitement builds it draws in more corporate sponsorship because they see the financial impact it has in the community. Winning begets winning and I don't think it would be wise to let SDSU get on any kind of roll here.
    Last edited by BigLakeBison; 12-01-2022 at 07:04 PM.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    SDSU's last two home playoff games had the following attendance:

2019 vs. UNI (2nd Round): 4102
    2021 vs. UC Davis (1st Round): 3681

From what I'm hearing from SDSU fans they are anticipating/hoping that their playoff game this weekend will have a similar attendance to the last home game against Ill St. which was 8160. That's a fairly significant increase from their past two home playoff games. Their highest attended home game in playoff history is 7500 against UNI back in 2017. So if they can hit 8000 fans this weekend that would be an improvement over previous. If they had numerous previous playoff games with 18K in attendance and now they were struggling to hit 8000 I agree that would and should be alarming for them. Given the fact that they have had very low playoff attendance previously, if they get 8K this weekend I'm sure they would be excited about the growth. NDSU is still ahead of SDSU in a number of football program related categories. However, they are closing the gap on the field and they have lots of possible growth before they hit their ceiling. NDSU on the other hand is trending down in some categories. Will that affect the on field performance? Yet to be determined. But if I'm in a leadership role at NDSU I would be very concerned about the potential that seems to be being tapped into in Brookings. If they can keep growing their fanbase and donor infrastructure they are definitely going to have some real advantages in terms of budgets and spending. Especially if NDSU continues to trend downward.
    Open the gates to the North Dakota Legacy Fund! Release the Kraken!

Our seats this week are on the 50 yard line in row S which is much better than sitting in the end zone above AA or down so low you can't tell what's happening more than 40 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Buddy, relax, it will all be ok.

I said I don't mind it from a personal standpoint because I get to be closer to the action. That is the consolation prize part I mentioned, which you conveniently cut out of my reply you quoted!

Let me try and simplify it for your burdened mind: NDSU selling out is good, fatigue is real but it at least allows me to sit closer to the action which is a nice consolation that I do not mind. I'm screaming the same whether there are 13k people or 19k people.

And YOU are the one that made the logical jump to imply when I said "then that's more on you" that I meant "you're a bad fan". It really just means its more a personal problem that it upsets people so much, not that any fan is bad because they are unhappy it isn't sold out.

Be Better, Bro.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I wish you luck in your crusade to amend the state constitution

Wrong thread, I know, but since it came up, I believe that Hagerott himself recently said that the constitution only requires that the physical campuses persist in their current locations. It says nothing about who runs them or from where. In theory a single U could be created with the stroke of a pen, but we all know it won’t be that easy …

Shorthairs has the D1 athletics part right, though. That’s the buzz I’m hearing anyways …

But back to the game, really looking forward to it. Hard to focus TBH. This will be my first playoff run with seats in the dome

Go Bison!!!

well I'll be front row I guess. why not. f the griZ
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?