Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Default Re: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

NDSU not doing $20 tickets for this game is complete arrogance.

Sect 12 Sect 24 Sect 7-10 up top ALL should be $20 and you market them for a quick sale to family of 4.

$100 = 4 tickets & $20 in food vouchers

so once again my marketing mind > stony brook staff
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I don’t think the NCAA allows host schools to lower ticket prices for the playoffs.
    It's OK to not be OK.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I don't think for most it's about being able to brag about how many people are in our stadium. I think it's people realizing that one of the best parts of NDSU is our fan base and our gameday experience. A lot of people are sad to see that leaving.

You may not have been aiming that barb at everyone that complains about attendance, but it came off as saying people who are frustrated about attendance have personal issues.
    Mostly targeted at one person. It's really sad how much that person seems to base their self-worth on the success of NDSU athletics. It's perfectly logical to want to see the Bison move to FBS. It would be nice to see the dome full on Saturday and the athletic department should be looking into things to make it more appealing. The AD should constantly be looking at the success abs direction of the basketball coach. But to lose your mind over those things if they don't go how you want them to go is not healthy.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Celebrating a big play is one thing. Celebrating after every mundane play is something else.

I counted 6 defenders doing the "incomplete pass" celebration on a dropped swing pass on 2nd down. Against Southeast Missouri State. Down by 14 (soon to be 21). At home.

I love seeing other teams doing stuff like that though, not championship football
    Kinda like a certain team's backup QB giving the horns down to the NDSU student section after scoring a TD when his team was still down 15 points?

...not to name names or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I don’t think the NCAA allows host schools to lower ticket prices for the playoffs.

Just out of pure curiosity, I pulled up the ticket site for the Jacks this morning. We think the lack of purchased tickets for our game is bad....it's worse in Brookings. #1 seed and you can still get first/second row tickets on the 50 for a whopping $25 - $30.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Just out of pure curiosity, I pulled up the ticket site for the Jacks this morning. We think the lack of purchased tickets for our game is bad....it's worse in Brookings. #1 seed and you can still get first/second row tickets on the 50 for a whopping $25 - $30.
    I'm not opposed to making fun of the Jacks but context is key. They are on an upward trend in ticket sales and attendance overall. They are ascending toward their peak and the trends seem to show that we are on the descent from ours. That's only a comment on attendance, ticket sales, etc. The product on the field is an entirely different animal that speaks for itself. Given context, I think SDSU should be very pleased with the upward trajectory of their attendance and investment in the program. I'm originally from the Watertown SD area and have lots of family who still live there. The amount of people who are getting involved with SDSU athletics is night and day different from 10 years ago. They are starting to build the fanbase infrastructure that NDSU has had for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    This indicates that sdsu should fill rows 1 and 2 with fans........oh, wait, high temp for Saturday in Brookings is forecasted to be 30; make that the first 3 rows.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I'm not opposed to making fun of the Jacks but context is key. They are on an upward trend in ticket sales and attendance overall. They are ascending toward their peak and the trends seem to show that we are on the descent from ours. That's only a comment on attendance, ticket sales, etc. The product on the field is an entirely different animal that speaks for itself. Given context, I think SDSU should be very pleased with the upward trajectory of their attendance and investment in the program. I'm originally from the Watertown SD area and have lots of family who still live there. The amount of people who are getting involved with SDSU athletics is night and day different from 10 years ago. They are starting to build the fanbase infrastructure that NDSU has had for a while now.
    That all very well may be true; however, I was speaking specifically about tickets purchased for this weekend's game, in comparison to the lack of ticket sales for our game. Regardless of whatever "upward trend" they may be seeing, that doesn't appear to be the case for ticket sales for their game Saturday against Delaware.

Hopefully we win so we get a Quarterfinal preview thread.

If that happens, I'm going to moderate the snot out of it.

Anyway, one thing I hope to see in this game is more pre-snap/offside penalties on Montana than on NDSU. NDSU absolutely cannot get off schedule on drives.