Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Default Re: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's a lot of open seats. Would have thought Montana would draw more interest. Might as well be San Diego again.
    Sign of the times... there's multiple factors but there's no denying that the fan base is bored. They only had a reported attendance of 12,557 for the 2nd round game vs SIU last year. FWIW, they should improve on that this year but it'll probably never get back to the 18k it used to be for this first playoff game from 2012-2016 or so.

I quit caring all that much around the end of 2018 - it is what it is. Those of us who will be there will be ready to make an impact and I'll take a playoff crowd of 12k over a regular season crowd of 18k any day.

We've come full circle on the Bison fatigue issue

At First the FCS forever rubes said it wasnt happening at all- we were simply imagining it

Then it might have been happening a LITTLE, but thats just proof we should never consider FBS

And then it was happening, but akshully the only reason no one wants to see Roast Beef State in the playoffs was because of Covid and nothing else

Now they can finally admit its happening but its akshully GOOD because if you dont like seeing blue seats it means youre a bad fan, and we should be happy about blue seats because it allows us DEDICATED fans to sit closer to the field.

Its alright guys, you can just say it- Bison Fatigue is real. Its real in the sense that our fan base is, by and large, sick of piss pounding teams with 1/3 the talent, 1/5 the budget and 1/10 of the fan base. I wont hold it against you for changing your mind. Its never too late to embrace reality.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Got two tickets in Section 18 row W this morning. Prime Seats!
    Both pairs of the tickets I got at 8:02 and 9:08 AM are also in section 18 row S. Probably the best seats I've ever had at a Bison game except for one time when a neighbor let me use two tickets from their season ticket allotment for a regular season game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Think it was a cat fan that mentioned it but man Robby Hauck (kid's son) jumps on piles super late and hits people already on the ground. I've seen 3 plays on one drive that were questionable late hits. Couple of them honestly could've been targeting. Puts his shoulder right into the helmet of the RB who's already down.

Defense is undisciplined. Lots of celebrating incomplete passes, aforementioned late hits/chippyness, jumping around all wild, etc.

Man I have to think there's the opportunity to bust some big plays on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    We've come full circle on the Bison fatigue issue

At First the FCS forever rubes said it wasnt happening at all- we were simply imagining it

Then it might have been happening a LITTLE, but thats just proof we should never consider FBS

And then it was happening, but akshully the only reason no one wants to see Roast Beef State in the playoffs was because of Covid and nothing else

Now they can finally admit its happening but its akshully GOOD because if you dont like seeing blue seats it means youre a bad fan, and we should be happy about blue seats because it allows us DEDICATED fans to sit closer to the field.

Its alright guys, you can just say it- Bison Fatigue is real. Its real in the sense that our fan base is, by and large, sick of piss pounding teams with 1/3 the talent, 1/5 the budget and 1/10 of the fan base. I wont hold it against you for changing your mind. Its never too late to embrace reality.
    See here you go with that straw man thing again...you have been so good at avoiding it lately!

Straw Man #1: I doubt there is anyone, both pro-fbs-now and pro-wait-and-see, that thinks there is no fan fatigue setting in. Folks are allowed to say that there are many reasons that have helped accelerate the fatigue without you latching on and forcing the notion that they are saying those are the ONLY reasons.

And since you are specifically calling my post out in bolded line, I feel I can adequately address this.
    Straw Man #2: "If you don't like seeing blue seats you're a bad fan" what on earth is this weird jump in logic? Fandom was never called into question here so it's pretty telling that is your takeaway.
    Straw Man #3: Nowhere did I say it's GOOD that games don't sell out. I long for the days where an NDSU ticket is a hot commodity. I said from a personal enjoyment standpoint...again, KEY WORD is personal...I love the opportunity to sit lower so if fans are apathetic, a silver lining is I am not stuck in the nosebleeds. If you think that is somehow me saying "I WANT EMPTY STADIUMS" you are weird.

So sorry I am not allowed to find even ONE benefit in less demand! I sure better not add the other benefits of "well if there are less people there at least the fkin cell service will work better!" and "maybe the lines will go quicker this time to get in". Am I allowed to be ok with consolation prizes?

You are a weird dude for creating this imaginary enemy in "fcs forever" and all the straw men that consist of the fcs forever army.

I noticed that too in the portions of the game I watched. It seemed like most of his hits were putting a shoulder into a player who was already down. The Bison have been celebrating big plays on both sides of the ball more than they used to. Maybe that's just how kids play now...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Think it was a cat fan that mentioned it but man Robby Hauck (kid's son) jumps on piles super late and hits people already on the ground. I've seen 3 plays on one drive that were questionable late hits. Couple of them honestly could've been targeting. Puts his shoulder right into the helmet of the RB who's already down.

Defense is undisciplined. Lots of celebrating incomplete passes, aforementioned late hits/chippyness, jumping around all wild, etc.

Man I have to think there's the opportunity to bust some big plays on Saturday.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I noticed that too in the portions of the game I watched. It seemed like most of his hits were putting a shoulder into a player who was already down. The Bison have been celebrating big plays on both sides of the ball more than they used to. Maybe that's just how kids play now...
    Have no problem with celebrating a good play, Hauck is a punk, dirty player.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I don't mind that the games don't sell out.

My season tickets are high and in corner, so this gives me the opportunity to not purchase them and instead get much better seats every week.

13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you.
    There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

That's why I've enjoyed and appreciated what they've done. The athletic department should take note of the lower attendance and do what they can to maximize it, but there is only so much they can control. They have a good a chance a anyone to win the championship this year, but there is no guarantee they'll do it. I hope they do. But if they don't I'll still get up the next day and move on with my life. And be a proud NDSU alum.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Celebrating a big play is one thing. Celebrating after every mundane play is something else.

I counted 6 defenders doing the "incomplete pass" celebration on a dropped swing pass on 2nd down. Against Southeast Missouri State. Down by 14 (soon to be 21). At home.

I love seeing other teams doing stuff like that though, not championship football
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

That's why I've enjoyed and appreciated what they've done. The athletic department should take note of the lower attendance and do what they can to maximize it, but there is only so much they can control. They have a good a chance a anyone to win the championship this year, but there is no guarantee they'll do it. I hope they do. But if they don't I'll still get up the next day and move on with my life. And be a proud NDSU alum.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I don't think for most it's about being able to brag about how many people are in our stadium. I think it's people realizing that one of the best parts of NDSU is our fan base and our gameday experience. A lot of people are sad to see that leaving.

You may not have been aiming that barb at everyone that complains about attendance, but it came off as saying people who are frustrated about attendance have personal issues.
    *one day later*