Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Default Re: Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I agree this game could be trouble for this Bison team. Lots of struggles this past year compared to the past 10 years. Lots of injuries, lots of departures, lots of inconsistency. Montana is not going to lie down and quit. Bison need to play all 4 quarters to win this one.
    We cant let their QB sit back there for long and let their pass plays develop downfield. If we can bring pressure and they cannot hurt us deep I think this will be a long day for the Griz! They suck running so they can only really hurt us in the passing game.
    Last edited by B.Schlossman Fan Club; 11-30-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    We can let their QB sit back there for long and let their pass plays develop downfield. If we can bring pressure and they cannot hurt us deep I think this will be a long day for the Griz! They suck running so they can only really hurt us in the passing game.
    If Hauck reads enough AZ pre-game info. and watches AZ game, he’s likely to tell QB Johnson to tuck and run more, something he appeared hesitant to do in SEMO game. If MT is gonna leave it all on the field for this game, that’s what I’d do if I was Hauck.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If Hauck reads enough AZ pre-game info. and watches AZ game, he’s likely to tell QB Johnson to tuck and run more, something he appeared hesitant to do in SEMO game. If MT is gonna leave it all on the field for this game, that’s what I’d do if I was Hauck.
    #31 is playing for NDSU now. I'd spy their QB with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    At least once I noticed Johnson look very gimpy after a scramble against SEMO. He was on the sideline in crutches less than 3 weeks ago at the end of their game on 11/12 with EWU. I don't think he's healthy by a long shot and tucking it a bunch of times against a playoff juiced Bison defense probably would mean he doesn't finish the game. Their new backup (#8 - Britt) has looked decent in limited action this year but I don't think they have much of a shot without Johnson. Earlier in the year when Johnson was injured he was replaced by Kris Brown who has now been demoted to 3rd string it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    At least once I noticed Johnson look very gimpy after a scramble against SEMO. He was on the sideline in crutches less than 3 weeks ago at the end of their game on 11/12 with EWU. I don't think he's healthy by a long shot and tucking it a bunch of times against a playoff juiced Bison defense probably would mean he doesn't finish the game. Their new backup (#8 - Britt) has looked decent in limited action this year but I don't think they have much of a shot without Johnson. Earlier in the year when Johnson was injured he was replaced by Kris Brown who has now been demoted to 3rd string it appears.
    Chaos does it again, my thoughts exactly. Montana kinda jekyl and Hyde team. And a lot of it revolves around whether the offense can cover for the defense. I think Montana runs out of gas because of lack of offense. Their defense can’t handle getting crushed in TOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I'll be there. Going to be looking for 1 ticket.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have a feeling their run defense will be improved, not saying the Bison can't run on them but the Bison run game is a different scheme than what the Cats used to shred them.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I have a feeling their run defense will be improved, not saying the Bison can't run on them but the Bison run game is a different scheme than what the Cats used to shred them.
    Sounds like it’s a it high risk high reward with their d scheme. If they guess right or hit the right gap and get you behind schedule they are successful. If not watch out.

I predict some running into a brick wall with long break away TD runs sprinkled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just look at the Montana St game. The Cats ran through them like a wet paper bag. I see them being very similar to und, and expect a similar result.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Just look at the Montana St game. The Cats ran through them like a wet paper bag. I see them being very similar to und, and expect a similar result.
    I sure hope you are right!!! Go Bison