Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bidding and Hosting a Playoff Game

Default Bidding and Hosting a Playoff Game

Can someone help answer some questions on how this bidding works to host a playoff game? If I remember right the winning bidder has to pay for all travel expenses for the visitors coming to their stadium for playoff game?

Also, how much money does the winning bid have to give the FCS. I know that may vary but in a ballpark number what kind of money we talking about?

Are all tickets sold for that bid game turned over to the FCS?

Default Re: Bidding and Hosting a Playoff Game

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Can someone help answer some questions on how this bidding works to host a playoff game? If I remember right the winning bidder has to pay for all travel expenses for the visitors coming to their stadium for playoff game?

Also, how much money does the winning bid have to give the FCS. I know that may vary but in a ballpark number what kind of money we talking about?

I believe the NCAA pays travel expenses.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post

If uND ever wins a bid, they need to pay 52% to Ralph's ghost. They are a special case though.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...hampManual.pdf

Section 2•4 Site Selection
    Regarding first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1,
    the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting
    playoff sites:
    1. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution
    (regardless of seeding).
    2. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75% of the
    estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
    First round – $30,000
    Second round – $40,000
    NCAA PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP MANUAL
    DIVISION I FOOTBALL
    Quarterfinals – $50,000
    Semifinals – $60,000
    3. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the higher-seeded teams.
    4. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows:
    (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s
    performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) studentathlete well-being (e.g., travel and missed class time).
    5. A conference champion would host a first-round game against a conference opponent (if applicable). This policy
    would be contingent upon the conference champion meeting the facility requirements to host and submitting an
    acceptable bid by the established deadline.
    6. If a second-round, quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did
    not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a
    bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will
    determine the host institution by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
    Section 2•5 Preliminary-Round Hosting — Proposed Budget
    Any institution interested in hosting preliminary-round competition of the 2022 NCAA Division I Football Championship
    must submit a proposed budget, respond to sport-specific questions, ensure that the institution’s key contacts and
    facility information is up to date, submit proof of insurance, and upload the video board questionnaire (if applicable),
    instant replay questionnaire and photos of the designated instant replay space via the Championships Bid and Host Profile
    portal (championships.ncaa.org). To submit a bid, first search for the desired championship under “Championships
    Available for Bid” and select “Add Bid.”
    Please note that all member institutions are allowed to regularly and easily access their profiles by visiting championships.
    ncaa.org. For profile issues, user access or to reset a password, please email championshipbid@ncaa.org or contact
    Kerstin Hunter (khunter@ncaa.org) at the NCAA national office.
    CHAMPIONSHIPS BID AND HOST PROFILE PORTAL
    The Championships Bid and Host Profile portal can be accessed at championships.ncaa.org. The deadline to submit all
    bid materials for this championship is Monday, Nov. 14, 2022.
    As a reminder, prospective hosts’ budgets should include committee/site representative’s lodging expense, game
    officials’ lodging expenses, state and city taxes/fees, if applicable, and any ticket fees. Committee/site representative’s
    per diem, mileage and luggage fees will now be paid by the NCAA instead of the host institution. Game officials will also
    be reimbursed by the NCAA using the ArbiterPay system for their game fees, per diem, mileage and luggage fees.
    FACILITY PROFILE
    Institutions interested in hosting preliminary-round competition of the 2022 NCAA Division I Football Championship
    must add (or ensure the accuracy of) facility information for the applicable competition venue. This information is
    located at championships.ncaa.org. Any supporting information (e.g., facility diagram, pictures) may be uploaded
    and attached to that facility’s profile. This information will be made available to the NCAA Division I Football
    Championship Committee to aid in their deliberations of prospective host sites.
    KEY CONTACTS
    Each institution should list and then maintain its key contacts associated with each sport and the institution. Individuals
    can be added via the Championships Bid and Host Profile portal at championships.ncaa.org.
    SAFETY AND SECURITY PLAN
    Based on a review of current and future championships competition venues, discussions with safety and security experts,
    and its own expertise and knowledge, the NCAA has established a Safety and Security Advisory Group (SSAG) to develop
    a compilation of Best Practices for NCAA Championships. We urge each competition venue to take these Best Practices
    NCAA PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP MANUAL 19
    DIVISION I FOOTBALL
    into account when developing its safety and security program. As part of your bid, please submit a safety and security
    plan for your venue, which would be inclusive of the NCAA Championships Safety and Security Team contact information
    form, located in Appendix A of the Best Practices document.
    The best practices for venue safety and security, along with the safety and security contact form, are located
    at championships.ncaa.org.
    FINAL FINANCIAL REPORT
    A final financial report from each championship site must be submitted via the Championships Bid and Host Profile
    portal under the “budget” tab not later than 60 days after the event.
    CONTACT INFORMATION
    If you have any questions regarding the bid process, please contact Ty Halpin (317-917-6136 / thalpin@ncaa.org) or
    Alyssa Rice (317-917-6627 / arice@ncaa.org). If you experience technical difficulties with the Championships Bid and
    Host Profile portal, please contact championshipbid@ncaa.org.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Most of that info can be found here: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...hampManual.pdf

Minimum bids range from $30k for this weekend games increasing $10k per round to $60k for the semifinals. But the NCAA takes the bid amount or 75% of the net receipts from the home team, whichever is higher, and pays for the travel cost of the visiting teams travel party. Seeded teams only need to submit a minimum bid (and satisfy the other hosting requirements - which are pretty minimal) to host a game against a lower (or un)seeded team.

I'm pretty sure the NCAA makes well over the $40k-$60k minimum when NDSU hosts and gives them 75% of the net receipts.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plus, who cares. Only a undumber needs this answer.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Thanks! Interesting!! I just couldn't seem to find any rules on the subject. Thanks again for that information.

UND should know.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Why don't 7-4 teams with 4 quality losses get a home game eh. Somebody should be in teh penalty box eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I sure how cas didn't see my grammatical error eh Fixed it eh

Lardsin must go!