Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    Did I see it right on TV that Stig passed toward end zone to score a TD with less than a minute left? If so, he is really a napoleonic syndrome dueche. Right up with them apologizing for their 90 point run up a few years back.
    HC used their timeouts during SDSU's possession to stop the clock and get the ball back. When you keep playing the game you can't complain that the other team does too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    Did I see it right on TV that Stig passed toward end zone to score a TD with less than a minute left? If so, he is really a napoleonic syndrome dueche. Right up with them apologizing for their 90 point run up a few years back.
    I love to shit on SDSU as much as the next guy does but there was nothing wrong with what they did. Holy Cross called multiple timeouts on that last series so if they're going to keep playing so should SDSU. The purpose of calling run plays is keep the clock running but this was on 4th and 8 so if they were to run it and get stopped short of the line to gain (which would've been very likely) the clock stops anyway. I'm sure had their receiver been stopped short of the endzone they would've kneeled on it to end the game.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I love to shit on SDSU as much as the next guy does but there was nothing wrong with what they did. Holy Cross called multiple timeouts on that last series so if they're going to keep playing so should SDSU. The purpose of calling run plays is keep the clock running but this was on 4th and 8 so if they were to run it and get stopped short of the line to gain (which would've been very likely) the clock stops anyway. I'm sure had their receiver been stopped short of the endzone they would've kneeled on it to end the game.
    They could've lined up for a FG and faked it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gavin2126; 12-10-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    HC used their timeouts during SDSU's possession to stop the clock and get the ball back. When you keep playing the game you can't complain that the other team does too.
    BS it’s was 4th and 8 inside the 20 with under a minute left. If you’re playing to play then kick a field goal. A real coach calls a run. If you get the first so be it but you don’t call a play action pass up the seem to your tight end.

Stig is a fucking hillbilly duechebag and always has been ah jeeze shucks dontcha know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    BS it’s was 4th and 8 inside the 20 with under a minute left. If you’re playing to play then kick a field goal. A real coach calls a run. If you get the first so be it but you don’t call a play action pass up the seem to your tight end.

Stig is a fucking hillbilly duechebag and always has been ah jeeze shucks dontcha know.

Not kicking is absolutely the right choice there. Why give HC a chance to block a kick and run it back? So in that case if you're going to run a play call a play that can get the 1st down, their receiver sniffed the goal line and made a good effort to get into the end zone.

Well, now we know what it takes to be the FCS coach of the year.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Not kicking is absolutely the right choice there. Why give HC a chance to block a kick and run it back? So in that case if you're going to run a play call a play that can get the 1st down, their receiver sniffed the goal line and made a good effort to get into the end zone.
    Exactly you shouldn’t kick. You also shouldn’t throw a ten yard pass imo. Take your win and act like you’ve been there before.

Up by 14 with 48 seconds left you run the ball and then play half ass D for 40 seconds and walk off the field with your head up. Oh well gives me another reason to hate ol’ stiggy and the bun buns.

Also if you heard how often that play by play team talked about what Stig had to say you’d think he is actually half as smart as he thinks he is.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly you shouldn’t kick. You also shouldn’t throw a ten yard pass imo. Take your win and act like you’ve been there before.

Up by 14 with 48 seconds left you run the ball and then play half ass D for 40 seconds and walk off the field with your head up. Oh well gives me another reason to hate ol’ stiggy and the bun buns.

Holy Cross beat Buffalo on a Hail Mary and already attempted an on-side kick today. You'd be an idiot to discount their ability to try both again.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Holy Cross beat Buffalo on a Hail Mary and already attempted an on-side kick today. You'd be an idiot to discount their ability to try both again.
    Well, what’s the magnitude of the discount? (and for the record Holy Cross Hail Mary = di riguer)
    Don't believe everything you think.