Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    The SDSU TE is going to continue playing through the end of the Jackrabbits season

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status...o62B9ysA6aqU6Q

And yes, Bozeman is warmer than Fargo in the winter……one of the good laughs by the ESPN GameDay Crew was the guy with that sign that said “Des, but it’s a Dry Cold”……
    But what about SPRING SEMESTER EEEEEEEHHHHHHH

Lardsin must go!

Personally I don't think Montana St would have much of a shot in a potential road semifinal in Brookings. Check out their road schedule this year; they played all their tough opponents at home and they struggled mightily on the road against both EWU in NAU who they should've been clearly better than. Add to that the fact that SDSU has the best run defense in the country so Touchdown Tommy is going to have to throw the ball to keep them honest and I just don't see it happening. The prayers he threw and completed against them in the semis last year aren't likely to be answered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Personally I don't think Montana St would have much of a shot in a potential road semifinal in Brookings. Check out their road schedule this year; they played all their tough opponents at home and they struggled mightily on the road against both EWU in NAU who they should've been clearly better than. Add to that the fact that SDSU has the best run defense in the country so Touchdown Tommy is going to have to throw the ball to keep them honest and I just don't see it happening. The prayers he threw and completed against them in the semis last year aren't likely to be answered again.
    This was literally 84% of their offense in the playoffs last year, wounded duck wobblers, thrown as high as his little arms could muster, miraculously caught by the only guy over 6' 2" on their team, while the defenders dived at their own teammate's feet
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Any of you guys ever watch a jackrabbit playoff game before eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Any of you guys ever watch a jackrabbit playoff game before eh
    Pretty sure the only playoff game they've ever lost at home was 2019 against UNI. 8-0 otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Bet MGM odds to win it:

SDSU +200
    Sac St +250
    Montana St +750
    NDSU +800
    Incarnate Word +1400
    Weber St +1600
    Montana +1600
    Holy Cross +2000
    William & Mary +2500
    Samford +3000
    who's got a BET MGM account $1000 to win $8000 cha ching!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Bet MGM odds to win it:

SDSU +200
    Sac St +250
    Montana St +750
    NDSU +800
    Incarnate Word +1400
    Weber St +1600
    Montana +1600
    Holy Cross +2000
    William & Mary +2500
    Samford +3000
    I think Incarnate Word is a dark horse title contender. They're underrated as the #7 seed based on these odds back as well as the Massey and Sagarin ratings. They're kind of the new Sam Houston beating up a soft Southland conference schedule but I don't even think Sam Houston dominated the way these guys have this year. They're averaging 52.9 points per game (1st in the FCS) and only giving up 19.1 (9th in the FCS). They're averaging 8.31 yards per play (1st in the FCS) and only allowing 4.45 (5th in the FCS). Their team passing efficiency of 210 is 1st in the FCS and almost 25 points higher than #2.

Another wild (or probably sad) thing about them is they only averaged about 2,600 fans at home this season. I'm pretty sure their coach will be gone to greener pastures soon. At the very least it'll be interesting to see how they match up with better competition. No matter who wins the Furman/Elon matchup that feeds into them that'll be a tough team and if they win that they probably are going to Sac St in the quarters. If the Bison end up hosting a semifinal this year they would be the most likely opponent.

+800 might bankrupt me if Roehl does something stupid but Bison Country, Let's Ride.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    who's got a BET MGM account $1000 to win $8000 cha ching!
    Does the MGM accept credit cards? Is so, it's like playing with house money. Can't lose bet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think Incarnate Word is a dark horse title contender. They're underrated as the #7 seed based on these odds back as well as the Massey and Sagarin ratings. They're kind of the new Sam Houston beating up a soft Southland conference schedule but I don't even think Sam Houston dominated the way these guys have this year. They're averaging 52.9 points per game (1st in the FCS) and only giving up 19.1 (9th in the FCS). They're averaging 8.31 yards per play (1st in the FCS) and only allowing 4.45 (5th in the FCS). Their team passing efficiency of 210 is 1st in the FCS and almost 25 points higher than #2.

Another wild (or probably sad) thing about them is they only averaged about 2,600 fans at home this season. I'm pretty sure their coach will be gone to greener pastures soon. At the very least it'll be interesting to see how they match up with better competition. No matter who wins the Furman/Elon matchup that feeds into them that'll be a tough team and if they win that they probably are going to Sac St in the quarters. If the Bison end up hosting a semifinal this year they would be the most likely opponent.
    Their conference is so bad I don’t even know what conference they’re in
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*