Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    SDSU isn't as good as y'all keep making them out to be. We basically had to have a complete meltdown of playcalling to lose that game. Before it happened, the Bison were curbstomping those bitches. Playoff-Mode Bison will pour the coal to the Bunnies.

Montana State is, well, Montana State...over rated and outmatched when pressed. Beating the stuffing outta the Griz is not all that impressive. Losing like they did to the Beavers is very telling.

This team gives me less concerns than the 2015 Bison team that went into the playoffs.
    We'll see. Can we count on Cam Miller to complete his first 12 passes again? Or for the bunnies to have 5 first half false starts again? Or for Isaiah Davis to get hurt again?

The Bison blew a golden opportunity in that game... not sure an opportunity like that comes again in a potential Frisco rematch. I do know SDSU has a better defense. I also know Montana St can run the shit out of the ball and the Bison defense has lost their ability to play shut down run defense.

Gotta get there first though... something tells me that if the Bison win 3 playoff games to get to Frisco I'll probably forget about all the concerns I have with a potential SDSU or Montana St matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We'll see. Can we count on Cam Miller to complete his first 12 passes again? Or for the bunnies to have 5 first half false starts again? Or for Isaiah Davis to get hurt again?

The Bison blew a golden opportunity in that game... not sure an opportunity like that comes again in a potential Frisco rematch. I do know SDSU has a better defense. I also know Montana St can run the shit out of the ball and the Bison defense has lost their ability to play shut down run defense.

Gotta get there first though... something tells me that if the Bison win 3 playoff games to get to Frisco I'll probably forget about all the concerns I have with a potential SDSU or Montana St matchup.
    Fair points. I will say, the playcalling that first half was playoff "gotta have it" playcalling. It's the type of playcalling and schemes that come out when we play a JMU, Montana State, semi/championship game against a difficult opponent. It's just different, and it happens every year. It happens in the playoffs and we all come on here wondering where the hell that was all year. It'll happen this year too. "Wow that team really came together!" ... "Yeah, they always do *wink/smile*"

I think we saw that we can do a lot of things against SDSU and then we went into the shell. Either due to complacency or not wanting to show too much. Idk, but it was like we took everything that worked in the first half and then tried to the exact opposite in the second. I think we opened up the first half like we did because we either 1) Thought we needed to or we might get blown out or 2) Wanted to show our guys they can hang with and beat anyone, which in a normal year is a foregone conclusion. Whatever it was, we saw that it worked at halftime and put it back in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Here's a nice little read if you happen to have that ESPN+ subscription.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...y-team-chances

A couple of tidbits:
    Aside from the three heavyweights above, only six other teams from last year's 24-team playoff field made it this season. And the national title favorite might be a team with zero all-time playoff wins. If you're a fan of the new and the different, this year's playoffs are for you.
    At least, they are until North Dakota State wins the whole damn thing again.
    ... but at 44th, North Dakota was a questionable selection. We'll see if the Fighting Hawks can justify their inclusion with a solid effort at Weber State.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Our yearly reminder of just how bad the rest of the FCS is has barely started and it’s showcasing the best of the best poorly played football I’ve seen this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Our yearly reminder of just how bad the rest of the FCS is has barely started and it’s showcasing the best of the best poorly played football I’ve seen this year.

Youre watching that and not Michigan - Ohio State?
    Don't believe everything you think.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Fair points. I will say, the playcalling that first half was playoff "gotta have it" playcalling. It's the type of playcalling and schemes that come out when we play a JMU, Montana State, semi/championship game against a difficult opponent. It's just different, and it happens every year. It happens in the playoffs and we all come on here wondering where the hell that was all year. It'll happen this year too. "Wow that team really came together!" ... "Yeah, they always do *wink/smile*"

I think we saw that we can do a lot of things against SDSU and then we went into the shell. Either due to complacency or not wanting to show too much. Idk, but it was like we took everything that worked in the first half and then tried to the exact opposite in the second. I think we opened up the first half like we did because we either 1) Thought we needed to or we might get blown out or 2) Wanted to show our guys they can hang with and beat anyone, which in a normal year is a foregone conclusion. Whatever it was, we saw that it worked at halftime and put it back in the box.
    That’s hilarious!! If you seriously believe that’s what happened in the SDSU game you dont understand football.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

It's pretty laughable. The kicker from Elon got his soul removed from his body on that fake FG in the first half.

The CAA is starting to get exposed already
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It's pretty laughable. The kicker from Elon got his soul removed from his body on that fake FG in the first half.

The CAA is starting to get exposed already
    Surprised that poo kid didn’t leave the field and walk straight to the locker room to leave. Folded him in half, sideways.

so the 4 games being played right now are 34-0 35-21 35-3 and 31-6 if this isnt a argument for putting less teams in the playoffs I dont know what is...

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    so the 4 games being played right now are 34-0 35-21 35-3 and 31-6 if this isnt a argument for putting less teams in the playoffs I dont know what is...
    I mean it could be expanded so those poor first round losers get a more even opponent ... think of the student athletes.