Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'll be watching that game after we get home from the Fargodome. I hope it's exciting enough to keep me awake until the end.
    That's what she said

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally, am hoping to see NDSU vs UIW in the semi. Just think it would be a great story on how far UIW has come. First year in FCS and they come up to Fargo, during GameDay, knowing they are going to get throttled. I believe it was a late add to the schedule that year as well as NDSU needed a game. I just loved the attitude of the coach on why they took that game.

Basically, he said that NDSU was the top dog in FCS and he wanted the players, administrators and alumi to see what they would have to do to get to the top on this division. What the game day experience needed to be. What the facilities needed to be. What the fanbase needed to be. What the university support needed to be. Think it would be a great kind of full circle story for them to come back and see just how far they made it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Personally, am hoping to see NDSU vs UIW in the semi. Just think it would be a great story on how far UIW has come. First year in FCS and they come up to Fargo, during GameDay, knowing they are going to get throttled. I believe it was a late add to the schedule that year as well as NDSU needed a game. I just loved the attitude of the coach on why they took that game.

Basically, he said that NDSU was the top dog in FCS and he wanted the players, administrators and alumi to see what they would have to do to get to the top on this division. What the game day experience needed to be. What the facilities needed to be. What the fanbase needed to be. What the university support needed to be. Think it would be a great kind of full circle story for them to come back and see just how far they made it.
    It would be a good story but I don't think their success is sustainable. They've got lightning in a bottle right now with a good young coach in GJ Kinne but he has already accepted the head job at Texas St once their season is over and two very talented QBs over the last few years; their old QB Cam Ward who transferred to Washington St this year and is their starter and their new QB Lindsey Scott Jr - a transfer from Nicholls who is in his final year of eligibility (his 7th year of college football) but is probably the favorite for the Walter Payton Award. Their stadium only seats 6k and they averaged less than 3k in attendance this year. I suspect they're going to fade back into mediocrity when the coach and QB are gone next year.

EDIT: Speaking of UIW QB Lindsey Scott he is quite the story if you check his bio (https://uiwcardinals.com/sports/foot...cott-jr-/10173). He started his college career at LSU in 2016 before moving to East Mississippi Community College (of Last Chance U fame) in 2017, then Missouri in 2018 where he didn't play, then Nicholls in 2019 (where he had to sit due to transfer rules so he didn't play in the 2019 playoff game in the Fargodome) through the fall 2021 season, and finally to UIW this year where he's having by far the best season of his career (4185 passing yards, 55 TDs to 6 INTs along with 466 rush yards and 7 more TDs) and is likely to win the Walter Payton Award as the best offensive player in FCS football.

Sac State vs The Word looks like a typical old school Big Fluffy game so far, all offense no defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Sac State vs The Word looks like a typical old school Big Fluffy game so far, all offense no defense.
    It's terrible. Nothing is more enjoyable than half the 1st downs coming from PI calls.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sac State will probably win and piss poor showing by Bison fans saw last game in the dome this year.

GameDay Predictions for next week:
    Incarnate Herd: 28
    Incapable Word: 18
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Bobcats are who the bison used to be.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    The Bobcats are who the bison used to be.
    Really think so? I could only imagine the whining here if the Bison had a QB who threw like Mellot.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Really think so? I could only imagine the whining here if the Bison had a QB who threw like Mellot.
    Lol. That’s the crazy part. Mellot isn’t even their best QB that chambers kid is a baller. They control the lines. They are aggressive and did I mention they control the line? Their weakness is their defense for sure but it might not matter. The SDSU MSU winner is going to win the championship no doubt. NDSU would also bear W&M but it would be something like 23-7. Montana St is just on the gas pedal and not letting up. Complete domination.