Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Could agree with that but again both SDSU and MSU are better than NDSU and continue to trend forward. We are a regressing program. That’s the shitty part.
    A “regressing” defending champion program heading into a semifinal game to go to the national title game. My goodness, what a fall from grace.

I will have to agree that watching the cat game you would have thought you were watching the Bison playing that game. We have lost that killer, foot to the throat demeanor.

We need to support them to the fullest and get behind this staff and players no matter what. Fans can break or make a team morel and confidence in a team. We all hope to continue being a dominate force and to be able to recruit quality player for many years to come.

Cats and Word both looked good last night.

The Bobcats are who the bison used to be.
    I’ll assume you mean this year’s Bobcats are like last year’s Bison……

Like last year, I’ll wait until Montana State plays someone good before I fall in love

Those field conditions were absolute trash last night lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Montana St is about to be taken down to earth in a big way. They've gotta leave the friendly confines of Bozeman amd go face a defense capable of shutting down their run game meaning Mellot will actually have to throw the ball. Their season very likely ends next week in Brookings but they do match up much better with either team they would potentially meet in Frisco.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I’ll assume you mean this year’s Bobcats are like last year’s Bison……
    No like the 5 years ago bison when we had Messigham as an OC. We still controlled the lines but it was just a more dynamic offense. Not just meathead football. Also the Bobcats aren’t just Mellot. They play 2 QBs so well. It’s just fun to watch.

I’m sure no one has actually thought about this because they are drunk on the green and gold koolaid but this is usually the point where injuries happen and we ALWAYS and some dynamic young kid to take their place. “Might make some mistakes from being inexperienced but could be a game changer on the field”. Just linebackers alone I’m thinking of DeLuca, PGT, Jabril. Who do we have right now you could say that about? Right now someone goes down and we just bring on some junior or senior who has experience but just isn’t very good. That’s the scary part. Aside from Payton who are you excited to see in the next few years.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No like the 5 years ago bison when we had Messigham as an OC. We still controlled the lines but it was just a more dynamic offense. Not just meathead football. Also the Bobcats aren’t just Mellot. They play 2 QBs so well. It’s just fun to watch.

I’m sure no one has actually thought about this because they are drunk on the green and gold koolaid but this is usually the point where injuries happen and we ALWAYS and some dynamic young kid to take their place. “Might make some mistakes from being inexperienced but could be a game changer on the field”. Just linebackers alone I’m thinking of DeLuca, PGT, Jabril. Who do we have right now you could say that about? Right now someone goes down and we just bring on some junior or senior who has experience but just isn’t very good. That’s the scary part. Aside from Payton who are you excited to see in the next few years.
    Couldn’t agree more. After this senior class name the dynamic players ready to strep up. Since Entz has taken over it is a slow decline. Can’t believe people can’t see it. Also the Cats at home destroyed Montana. Two weeks later it’s a 21-20 game in the second half.

Serious questions. Where are the dynamic WR. Rb. Edge. LBs. We always have those. We are lucky we had such an easy draw in the playoffs. We just let a team that gave up 40 plus points hold us to 27 because our coaching staff was going to run it no matter how many guys they put in the box. Coaching matters. Recruiting matters and this staff isn’t close to what we have had in my opinion. Also the FCS is a shell of what it used to be. Hell our conference was a joke this year. Too many quality teams have left and the transfer portal has removed a lot of good players as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. After this senior class name the dynamic players ready to strep up. Since Entz has taken over it is a slow decline. Can’t believe people can’t see it. Also the Cats at home destroyed Montana. Two weeks later it’s a 21-20 game in the second half.

Serious questions. Where are the dynamic WR. Rb. Edge. LBs. We always have those. We are lucky we had such an easy draw in the playoffs. We just let a team that gave up 40 plus points hold us to 27 because our coaching staff was going to run it no matter how many guys they put in the box. Coaching matters. Recruiting matters and this staff isn’t close to what we have had in my opinion. Also the FCS is a shell of what it used to be. Hell our conference was a joke this year. Too many quality teams have left and the transfer portal has removed a lot of good players as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But yet with all of those issues this team is still in the national semis and once again at home. Celebrate what this team has been able to do and have a very good chance to finish. Yes the success can mask the issues and there are issues but enjoy what this team has been able to overcome and continued success.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    But yet with all of those issues this team is still in the national semis and once again at home. Celebrate what this team has been able to do and have a very good chance to finish. Yes the success can mask the issues and there are issues but enjoy what this team has been able to overcome and continued success.
    I get your point but come on the FCS has 3 teams and then a HUGE drop to everyone else. The Bison of 5 years ago would destroy this current team.

Not only was the O more dynamic, but exploded off the ball/snap. Remember when major football analysts would break down film of us in delta formation and run a gap or play action with a wheel route (that is ran hard and correctly) a TE down the seam and a running a clearing route. It was a thing of beauty and put D’s on there heals from the snap. Now D’s are coming downhill AT us.

Also, with Samford (and many other teams), they had plenty of speed and strength on D. When they basically know what you are running for a play, it’s makes stopping that play that much easier and allows them to play fast.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.