Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2022 FCS Playoffs Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    To your own post you seem overly concerned about the feelings of posters on how they feel about other teams. Does that mathematically make your life worse than theirs?
    Honestly, I derive equal pleasure watching rivals lose in all sports as I do watching my own team win. If that makes my life shitty than call me a pig because I will roll on my back and enjoy everything I can before the farmer comes for me.
    You better pray for a spider spinning words in a web eh cuz this farmer loves bacon eh

Lardsin must go!

Here is a limerick about El Chapo:

We unfortunately have a fan member name Chapo
    His posts here and on other boards are crapo
    He loves hitting on grams
    And name dropping fams
    Does he understand football, Oh Hell No!

I have no idea what a limerick is or why someone started them. I do know that piling on Chapo is great fun for me, Orygunbison, and mtoutfitter. Merry Christmas Bisonvile, and Go Herd, beat the word!

huh? We've been talking smack about opponents since 2011 & saying we are gonna kill them by 50

we are 165-13. I'd say we here are pretty fucking right. so we will continue.

oh and F SDSU all the time everytime
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not sure why so many here give a shit about what SDSU does in a game we aren’t involved with.

Also not sure why there always seems to be such disrespect for opponents (and bashing them) before a game is ever played.

Respect your opponent, but don’t fear them.

It’s no wonder the majority of other fanbases think NDSU fans are arrogant.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that the playoffs have pretty much shaken out and the teams left are clearly the best ones, it seems to me that even in a clearly down, way down, year some of the non-playoff MVFC teams could have won games in round 1 and maybe round 2. YSU and UC Davis should have been in the playoffs at the absolute bare minimum, it seems very clear that UND was in the upper 1/2 of the playoff teams by strength despite looking like shit in the regular season. When even in a down year I'm left retrospectively thinking that 6-5 teams may have won up to 2 games in the playoffs, there is something very wrong with the current format of the FCS playoffs. Way too much credit is being given to conferences with no scholarships, less than maximum scholarships, and also at large bids for 8, 9, and 10 win teams in terrible conferences with dumpster tier SOS.

It may be time to break off a third division of D-I, sequestering conferences like the nec, pioneer, patriot, swac, meac, and ivy to their own division that is completely removed from our playoff system. Of course, unless they want to fully fund and compete with the actual FCS teams, not the ones pretending to be FCS.

In the event they don't want to compete, reducing the playoffs back down to 16 teams will do a bit to reinvigorate the worth of the games, and allow the "thanksgiving weekend" games to be a bye week for everyone. Without this happening I just don't see how you attract anyone worthwhile to stay at this level. And honestly, NDSU shouldn't stay at this level either way.

With what the FCS has become, it is probably better to be in the worst FBS conference than to remain in the FCS. NDSU's biggest mistake was not pushing really hard for an FBS invite 5+ years ago. If the leadership had moved us to the FBS in 2014 or 2015 or 2016, we would now be in a position for moving up in the fbs world during this massive realignment, a consistent 9+ win conference USA team looks kind of attractive to a top teir G5 in this reshuffle. Our program momentum seems flickering at best in the fcs, maybe its even already gone. The subdivision as a whole has become a much much stinkier turd than it was even 10 years ago, and its slated to get a whole lot worse in just the next year or two. I do not look forward to NDSU playing a semifinal against the Tarleton State and a national championship against Utah Tech or North Alabama (oh wait they are all going FBS...). We are in a position now where the programs that are a joke compared to the programs worse than us that left for the FBS are now also going FBS. The FCS is no longer what we signed up for in the early 2000s, please, please get NDSU out of here. The chance of being Tulane (not Boise State, fucking tulane...) looks a heck of a lot better from a fan perspective than being NDSU in this FCS. I've been following the FCS religously for around 16 years, and I'm finally at the point where I actually agree with the idiot walmart FBS fans, the FCS is D2.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

The Sagarin ratings aren't perfect, but if we used that computer ranking to select a field of 24 teams there would be 7 MVFC and 6 Big Sky teams in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Now that the playoffs have pretty much shaken out and the teams left are clearly the best ones, it seems to me that even in a clearly down, way down, year some of the non-playoff MVFC teams could have won games in round 1 and maybe round 2. YSU and UC Davis should have been in the playoffs at the absolute bare minimum, it seems very clear that UND was in the upper 1/2 of the playoff teams by strength despite looking like shit in the regular season. When even in a down year I'm left retrospectively thinking that 6-5 teams may have won up to 2 games in the playoffs, there is something very wrong with the current format of the FCS playoffs. Way too much credit is being given to conferences with no scholarships, less than maximum scholarships, and also at large bids for 8, 9, and 10 win teams in terrible conferences with dumpster tier SOS.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Sagarin ratings aren't perfect, but if we used that computer ranking to select a field of 24 teams there would be 7 MVFC and 6 Big Sky teams in the field.
    The worst thing that happens every year is that a seeded east cost team (William and Mary) gets fed the winner of two other east coast teams (Gardner Webb and some other school I don't care to look up). What happens is W&M blows out Gardner Webb and then that appears to be validation for their 5 seed.

Meanwhile Montana State gets Weber State for a close game and then completely decimates W&M.

All this to say, JMU carried water for the entire east coast. Now that they're gone it is glaringly obvious how terrible east coast FCS football is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Speaking of Sagarin, Friday night would be like hosting SDSU Aztecs (83, 7-5, 5-3), Miami Hurricanes (82, 5-7, 3-5), Ga Tech (86, 5-7, 4-4) or Stanford (85, 3-9, 1-8), with UIW at 84 and NDSU at 60 (right above SMU at 61 and JMU at 62)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Speaking of Sagarin, Friday night would be like hosting SDSU Aztecs (83, 7-5, 5-3), Miami Hurricanes (82, 5-7, 3-5), Ga Tech (86, 5-7, 4-4) or Stanford (85, 3-9, 1-8), with UIW at 84 and NDSU at 60 (right above SMU at 61 and JMU at 62)
    I went to see what bowl game JMU was in and learned there is a 2-year probationary period so they aren't in a bowl game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    if it were one of those teams, I don’t think people would be saying we will run all over them and game will be a blowout/we win by 21-27 points.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.