Page 94 of 175 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I started doing drugs in the late 90's. I'll report back if I relapse eh. Hardly watched a game after Arizona this past year eh. Turned off the natty game after watching sdsu score in 3 plays after halftime adjustments.
    In many ways that Arizona game was a harbinger of doom. I had prophetic visions of our suffering that were narrated by Odin himself.

I said no bro. We can change our fate.

And he said no bro, the Nornir have already weaved it. You're just here, a part of it, watching it happen and there's nothing you can do. Like my fated battle with the not bro Fenrir that will destroy me at Ragnarok. We must all play our part.

And right now your part is to punt on 4th and medium and lose this fucking game bro.

He was right.

Son of a bitch is always right.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't want to speak for CAS because I'm sober and it's a lot harder to do that without some sort of chemical insight.

But I think what he's saying isn't that we're going to have a down year or decade like the late 90's. The issue is that college football has transformed into something else with the changes over the past few years and it's harder to enjoy and harder yet to get emotionally invested in.
    I agree on all counts. The change has been coming for awhile now, with P5 football especially looking more and more like the NFL. I've cut back my P5 viewing significantly, watching more and more G5 and FCS, but the changes are starting to really impact those levels, too. I know that changes are inevitable in everything, but this is very disappointing....

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I agree on all counts. The change has been coming for awhile now, with P5 football especially looking more and more like the NFL. I've cut back my P5 viewing significantly, watching more and more G5 and FCS, but the changes are starting to really impact those levels, too. I know that changes are inevitable in everything, but this is very disappointing....
    Tradition is being torn down left and right. With the transfer portal even recruiting means less and less and team identity shifts from one season to the next. It really does feel like a minor league instead of something that was 100+ years old and ingrained into regional culture.

It sucks bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Tradition is being torn down left and right. With the transfer portal even recruiting means less and less and team identity shifts from one season to the next. It really does feel like a minor league instead of something that was 100+ years old and ingrained into regional culture.

It sucks bro.
    Yes, and the large super-conferences aren't helping anything. I do feel like the players need more flexibility in being able to transfer, but the way the portal and NIL $ are currently configured aren't the answers. There has to be some way to make this work so that it's fair without destroying what was, arguably, the best sport in the country...

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Yes, and the large super-conferences aren't helping anything. I do feel like the players need more flexibility in being able to transfer, but the way the portal and NIL $ are currently configured aren't the answers. There has to be some way to make this work so that it's fair without destroying what was, arguably, the best sport in the country...
    I suspect that things will settle down some as we go forward because 1) the players will get more and better information about the risks and benefits of entering the portal in the first place and 2) the extra COVID eligibility will end so playing time won’t be so scarce.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Kolpack and Izzo, as far as they know K Johnson, Bussey, D Jones nor Eubanks have found homes in the Transfer Portal. Also say they are hearing that Hart is done and will not attend UNI.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Per Kolpack and Izzo, as far as they know K Johnson, Bussey, D Jones nor Eubanks have found homes in the Transfer Portal. Also say they are hearing that Hart is done and will not attend UNI.
    Yep, heard the same thing. Makes me wonder if Entz and Co make an exception to the “Once a Bison, Always a Bison—Unless you enter the Portal” rule…

Not saying they should or I want that, but we need RB, DB, and WR help right now…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yep, heard the same thing. Makes me wonder if Entz and Co make an exception to the “Once a Bison, Always a Bison—Unless you enter the Portal” rule…

Not saying they should or I want that, but we need RB, DB, and WR help right now…
    Personally I think that would be a mistake, just encourage others to think they could test the waters and if nothing pans out....just come back.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

I would hope Entz sticks to his guns.......you enter the portal, you're career at NDSU is over......I think he realizes what a HUGH, HUGH can of worms that would be. What's to stop a lot of Bison players from entering the portal, thinking "ah, hell, if I don't get a decent NIL, playing time opportunity, I'll just come back to the Herd". This would be a disaster.

I believe Matt Entz more than answered this question in the podcast that @Bisman linked in the podcast thread this morning around 9:30.
    Don't believe everything you think.