Page 93 of 175 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    But that won’t ultimately work for college football. I’m with Cbline: zero interest in 2023 Bison football. Not so much what the schedule is, but, rather, the way “college football” has “evolved”.
    Sorry that you’re so emotionally attached to a corrupt and exploitative system that you don’t want to see it change.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Its still well known that at the football factories almost all players are majoring in football.
    What drives the decisions now are NIL and NFL, particularly for 4 and 5 star guys.

Heck, some high school recruits for cornerback are reportedly landing 800k NIL deals.
    That was the conventional thought in the 70s. Which was a lie. In the 70s the entrance requirement for the Big 10 were greater than the NCAA requirements. At a recent get together of our recruiting class of 29 there 6 lawyers, 5 physicians, 1xray tech, 2 nurses, 10 business owners 5 which were farmers , 4 teachers-principals and a truck driver.

The annual report contains the football student-athlete Graduation Success Rate (GSR) and Academic Progress Rate (APR) for bowl-bound teams. The overall GSR for bowl-bound teams this year was 78.0%, down from 79.1% in 2019

Im guessing this would include the supposed football factories.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 01-31-2023 at 01:47 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

FYI, NDSU is not P5. Not even close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    FYI, NDSU is not P5. Not even close to it.
    thanks for clearing that up bro i was a little confused why lakes kept getting banned from the B1G boards.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    But that won’t ultimately work for college football. I’m with Cbline: zero interest in 2023 Bison football. Not so much what the schedule is, but, rather, the way “college football” has “evolved”.
    Zero interest seems a bit extreme, don't you think?

Im not saying that support for the university and/or football team should be unconditional. But as an alum and past player, dont you still feel a sense of pride in what your alma mater has accomplished and will continue to accomplish? That you no doubt played a big role in and continue to play a role in with your support for the program financially?

How about back in the late 90s or around 2008-2009...did you have zero interest then? Because things looked a hell of a lot more bleak back then than they do now.

And remember, even in a "down year" (when we still made the national championship) 99% of the FCS programs in the country would have killed to have our team. Go talk to any fan in the valley. Tell them our team wasnt the same Bison we've come accustomed to seeing year in and year out. They'll agree, but any club sans SDSU will tell you they'd still take our "lowly runner up" squad over their team any day.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

Im not saying that support for the university and/or football team should be unconditional. But as an alum and past player, dont you still feel a sense of pride in what your alma mater has accomplished and will continue to accomplish? That you no doubt played a big role in and continue to play a role in with your support for the program financially?

How about back in the late 90s or around 2008-2009...did you have zero interest then? Because things looked a hell of a lot more bleak back then than they do now.

And remember, even in a "down year" (when we still made the national championship) 99% of the FCS programs in the country would have killed to have our team. Go talk to any fan in the valley. Tell them our team wasnt the same Bison we've come accustomed to seeing year in and year out. They'll agree, but any club sans SDSU will tell you they'd still take our "lowly runner up" squad over their team any day.

I don't want to speak for CAS because I'm sober and it's a lot harder to do that without some sort of chemical insight.

But I think what he's saying isn't that we're going to have a down year or decade like the late 90's. The issue is that college football has transformed into something else with the changes over the past few years and it's harder to enjoy and harder yet to get emotionally invested in.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

Losing to a Rival down 10 players (3 NFL Players) is still hurting 3 weeks later.. give it another month. you make good points
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't want to speak for CAS because I'm sober and it's a lot harder to do that without some sort of chemical insight.

But I think what he's saying isn't that we're going to have a down year or decade like the late 90's. The issue is that college football has transformed into something else with the changes over the past few years and it's harder to enjoy and harder yet to get emotionally invested in.
    I started doing drugs in the late 90's. I'll report back if I relapse eh. Hardly watched a game after Arizona this past year eh. Turned off the natty game after watching sdsu score in 3 plays after halftime adjustments.

Lardsin must go!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Losing to a Rival down 10 players (3 NFL Players) is still hurting 3 weeks later.. give it another month. you make good points
    Enough with the injury excuses.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Enough with the injury excuses.
    I do think the injury stuff is a bit skewed, as we were pretty much at full strength when we played them the first time and we still lost.

My high school coach to used to always say "excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink". Its just a defense mechanism so that folks dont have to admit SDSU was just better than us this year. Pains me to say it just as much as the next guy...but when you look at it objectively there's no way to deny it.

Also, neither loss was a result of the transfer portal.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.