Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Kenni Burns was a dude.
    He was our WRs coach. Did he coach Vraa, Gebhart and Ryan Smith ?

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    He was our WRs coach. Did he coach Vraa, Gebhart and Ryan Smith ?
    He sure did.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

C'mon, this has worked up pretty well for us in the past. I personally like us stealing DII kids that are ready to play, this is exactly what is happening to us with P5/FBS. You think their fans are saying "GO FIND THE LSU SCRAPS!!!111one"?(What do LSU/OSU/UGA/Bama fans say then?)

Would you not rather have a kid that dominated in a game in college vs a kid that has struggled to play?
    Actually lots of kids move between schools. Look at Justin fields, Caleb Williams. Very few fbs programs looking at fcs kids vs transfers from lsu/bama

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Actually lots of kids move between schools. Look at Justin fields, Caleb Williams. Very few fbs programs looking at fcs kids vs transfers from lsu/bama
    I'm not sure I follow where you are going with this comment.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I'm not sure I follow where you are going with this comment.
    Sounded like you were saying fbs programs would rather get a fcs kid who played then l the scraps that transfer from another power 5 program. Like we should get a d2 kid vs a fbs program who didn’t play much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Sounded like you were saying fbs programs would rather get a fcs kid who played then l the scraps that transfer from another power 5 program. Like we should get a d2 kid vs a fbs program who didn’t play much.
    There are top FCS kids going to FBS programs in the portal. We had 2 this year alone. Then Josh Hayes, both Cox brothers(heh). A lot of these top FCS players transferring up are "penciled in" as plug and play starters because they are already developed. Obviously, it doesn't always work out that way, but someone that has already contributed on the field in a big, tangible way, would be more of a sure thing than a kid that sat 5th on the depth chart at Alabama. Or Western Michigan. Could be a lot of hidden reasons why someone is buried, but if someone is a key contributor, it is a lot less risky.
    check neg rep

its 11:15 am

ahem... well.... we're waiting.. NDSU should be pounding this today while all the FBS teams are focused on the title game.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its 11:15 am

ahem... well.... we're waiting.. NDSU should be pounding this today while all the FBS teams are focused on the title game.
    The transfer entry first window deadline is January 18th. Assuming classes start semester 2 today. I would expect if there is any more portal kids coming in we will hear soon if they want to take part in spring ball.

Second window is May 1 through May 15.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    The transfer entry first window deadline is January 18th. Assuming classes start semester 2 today. I would expect if there is any more portal kids coming in we will hear soon if they want to take part in spring ball.

Second window is May 1 through May 15.
    Maybe our new DC can bring some help with.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Maybe our new DC can bring some help with.
    Would be nice. I'm wondering if we will promote internally though if Entz thinks Braun was good.
    Braun had ties to Entz at Winona as a player and GA coach.