Page 28 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    More about quality than quantity. We lose Motsart and our interior DL play went to mediocre by Bison standards. I'm sure the young guys will develop but IMO we need better quality depth at that position. Easily the biggest weak spot on our D this year. It should be addressed.
    I still have high hopes for Javier Derritt... bear in mind that he and the Mostaert bros have 2 more seasons of eligibility after this one if they want both of them. Duttenhefer and Huisman are also only redshirt freshmen this year and they've showed promise. There's no position that's so unsung as DT and I think we're all finding out this year how good Lane Tucker and Costner Ching (along with the snapping turtle Michael Buetow) were last year. I wouldn't be sad if they picked up an experienced DT in the portal but it seems like finding lineman in the portal is tougher than the other positions... I think they'll be just fine with who they have if they all progress as they should.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    More about quality than quantity. We lose Motsart and our interior DL play went to mediocre by Bison standards. I'm sure the young guys will develop but IMO we need better quality depth at that position. Easily the biggest weak spot on our D this year. It should be addressed.
    I'm not surprised that the DL wasn't dominant after losing a dude to the NFL, three more to graduation, another two to the transfer portal and two to injury. A transfer at both spots might be the only real need next year. Maybe DB.

I think play has improved a lot and for large stretches is pretty good I think the depth is just not there, seems they run out of gas as a unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Dom Izzo, a record 667 football players entered the transfer portal today. 62 were quarterbacks.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Per Dom Izzo, a record 667 football players entered the transfer portal today. 62 were quarterbacks.
    The entire Colorado Buffalo squad??
    "The bird is in your hand"

Another eye opening set of numbers I saw about the transfer portal today: https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status...90702413893634

As the transfer portal officially opens, a note of how many players entered totally and actually found landing spots in the last four years.

2018-19: 1,729 entered, 878 transferred (51%)
    2019-20: 1,625/901 (53%)
    2020-21: 2,654/1,452 (55%)
    2021-22: 3,085/866 (28%)
    So discounting the COVID year of 20/21 there was about 900 players in the transfer portal that found new homes - a number that stayed flat despite the number of players entering the portal rising 80% from the 18/19 season to the 21/22 season. This year it looks like that number of players entering the portal is set to rocket up even further - if the number of players finding new homes stays the same....

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    The entire Colorado Buffalo squad??
    Per this story, Deion told some of them to transfer and told them he would try and get them to quit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...h/10837178002/

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Primetime baby eh.

I love that guy eh.

Lardsin must go!

Per this story, Deion told some of them to transfer and told them he would try and get them to quit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...h/10837178002/

"Aint gon be no hats in no meetings"

-Guy in meeting, wearing a hat
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

How do the players keep a straight face? Lol Deion is in there talking all this mess about them in their face while some scraggly looking guy in an Amazon Prime Video sweatshirt is goofing around trying to keep a microphone boom in front of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*