Page 17 of 175 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    RE: Goldade - had a scholarship offer from UND, blew his knee out playing basketball the summer before his senior year. UND pulled the offer, he signed as a walk-on to NDSU, rehabbed, made the team, played a little and then got hurt again (other knee?) and has apparently decided to try somewhere else. So a kid who has busted his ass and had some bad luck. I would say he showed the traits Bison fans seem to admire and it just didn't work out. Maybe show some appreciation and give the guy a little credit instead of being a bunch of dickheads.
    Agree fully

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    RE: Goldade - had a scholarship offer from UND, blew his knee out playing basketball the summer before his senior year. UND pulled the offer, he signed as a walk-on to NDSU, rehabbed, made the team, played a little and then got hurt again (other knee?) and has apparently decided to try somewhere else. So a kid who has busted his ass and had some bad luck. I would say he showed the traits Bison fans seem to admire and it just didn't work out. Maybe show some appreciation and give the guy a little credit instead of being a bunch of dickheads.
    I read your post and thought, oh my god what have the posters been saying. I worked my way back through the thread and found this wild reaction to be quite an over reaction. The worst thing I saw was someone saying goodbye.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hmmmm.... I wonder if we need more than one transfer portal thread. Maybe I'll make another one specifically to ponder comparison stats between FCS portalinos and G5 portaluccis.
    Insert something clever here...

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One of the recent transfers didn't have a great character, said some things he shouldn't have and got him 8n the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    One of the recent transfers didn't have a great character, said some things he shouldn't have and got him 8n the doghouse.
    Gonella put himself in Entz's doghouse with fumbles and then the bone-headed penalty at the end of the WIU game. That's why I wasn't surprised to see his name hit the portal.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At this point I’m ok with who’s transferred out. If we start losing starting OL and QBs then I’ll be worried. A depth RB and new up and coming WR isn’t going to hurt this program. Sigle could have been something special but oh well.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I read your post and thought, oh my god what have the posters been saying. I worked my way back through the thread and found this wild reaction to be quite an over reaction. The worst thing I saw was someone saying goodbye.
    Ok, I'll concede that "Bunch" was an over reaction.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed! NCAA rules must be changed along with improved player loyalty. Disgusting to see these players leave after being nurtured by this program for 3 years or so. Why bail out as we move into the second season- lame!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Good commentary on the portal. He nails it, imo.

https://twitter.com/TyHudson83/statu...CkpWFAdMrahMcw

My thought is that the transfer portal rule was changed mostly because of pressure from FBS schools wanting to be able to poach FCS and so on down the line of talent that most higher level schools missed. Helps the FBS schools recover from a whiff on recruiting a kid who flops, or better yet they can recover from multiple whiffs or a piss poor recruiter. True that some kids will transfer down in order to get playing time. Lets face it, hard for any kid to say no if Ohio St, Georgia, Alabama and so on come calling to say no to them, even if you are one of the most loyal Bison players.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?