Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    At what point does it come into question whether to allow a player back who previously entered the transfer portal? From what I've seen neither Kobe Johnson or Dom Jones are garnering a lot of interest. Both would greatly help the 2023 Bison IMO. Personally, I'd be ok with letting them back if the team (or team captains) are ok with it assuming and they're going to have to be non-scholly this year and re-earn it going forward.
    don't think NDSU should set that precedent
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

At what point does it come into question whether to allow a player back who previously entered the transfer portal? From what I've seen neither Kobe Johnson or Dom Jones are garnering a lot of interest. Both would greatly help the 2023 Bison IMO. Personally, I'd be ok with letting them back if the team (or team captains) are ok with it assuming and they're going to have to be non-scholly this year and re-earn it going forward.
    Nope, don't care how much they could help out, I'd rather lose with the players that wanted to be here. Hopefully these guys are showing their peers the grass isn't always greener, maybe don't think you are better then you really are and appreciate what you got!

I asked the same question a while back, Chaos, and the explanation that made sense to me, akin to Chapo’s post, is that if you allow 1 to come back, then it could cause more players to enter the portal knowing they can still come back if it doesn’t work out. I don’t think we want that.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I asked the same question a while back, Chaos, and the explanation that made sense to me, akin to Chapo’s post, is that if you allow 1 to come back, then it could cause more players to enter the portal knowing they can still come back if it doesn’t work out. I don’t think we want that.
    The beauty of it is losing the scholarship. That is a hefty gamble. Add in it brings in a player with a bad taste for the portal. Now, the counter to that may be it brings back a player with a bad attitude. Not saying I'm sold on the idea, but it is worth coaches at least considering. But then again, I don't like ruling things out...I'm an open-mind kinda guy.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Would be a slap in the face to the guys who have been here working out the last 3 months. Don't see how you could do it as a coach you'd lose all credibility and respect from the players who have been committed to you the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    ...I'm an open-mind kinda guy.
    Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Would be a slap in the face to the guys who have been here working out the last 3 months. Don't see how you could do it as a coach you'd lose all credibility and respect from the players who have been committed to you the whole time.
    I get where you're coming from and agree to a certain extent but isn't it the same slap in the face if they bring in a transfer from somewhere else at the same position? Is it any different to bring Dom Jones back versus a DB transfer from elsewhere in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That makes sense as well but it could play out differently. You could look at it like it would encourage others to enter the portal or you could look at it as having guys on the team who can give others contemplating transferring a first-hand account of what the process is like that may dissuade them from going to the portal.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this question - I think at some point in this age of transfers happening every season with regularity it's going to be worth making an exception or three.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If Sam ojuri was allowed back on the team I don't see the problem. If there is an issue with team morale, let the players vote on it
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    If Sam ojuri was allowed back on the team I don't see the problem. If there is an issue with team morale, let the players vote on it
    Different time and seasons.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Nope, don't care how much they could help out, I'd rather lose with the players that wanted to be here. Hopefully these guys are showing their peers the grass isn't always greener, maybe don't think you are better then you really are and appreciate what you got!

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."