Page 115 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I think they go after football eventually, but probably some FCS or high level G5 program that starts to encroach on the power schools. They are said to have at least a dozen cases pending.

Maybe they hit up Jackson St, Monmouth, Tulane or UTSA for instance.
    Monmouth has been landing high level recruits, somehow. It smells fishy.

Don’t think they have the guts to go after Colorado, USC or Texas A&M yet
    Or, you know, instead of continuing to pretend to do enforcement by picking on the minnows they can just give it up and pay the players.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I want to know is how the hell is Campbell landing so many players with FBS offers?

They are out-recruiting over 30 FBS teams (#92 overall). Most of their recruits are 3 star or above.
    Also getting transfers from places like UCLA and FSU, guys projected to be future NFL picks.

Not saying it will necessarily make them champions, but they are absolutely loaded with players.
    Is it all about Mike Minter? Minter isn't Deion, but seems to have similar results.
    Whatever they are doing seems to be working.

https://247sports.com/college/campbe...tball/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...lTeamRankings/

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    What I want to know is how the hell is Campbell landing so many players with FBS offers?

They are out-recruiting over 30 FBS teams (#92 overall). Most of their recruits are 3 star or above.
    Also getting transfers from places like UCLA and FSU, guys projected to be future NFL picks.

Not saying it will necessarily make them champions, but they are absolutely loaded with players.
    Is it all about Mike Minter? Minter isn't Deion, but seems to have similar results.
    Whatever they are doing seems to be working.

https://247sports.com/college/campbe...tball/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...lTeamRankings/
    Mascot alone is worth the trip.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

No news on Courtney, Dom or Kobe?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    No news on Courtney, Dom or Kobe?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Courtney has a MAC offer expecting more

Kobe will probably get 1 after spring ball. Dom too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

So Sagarin, SDSU 41, NDSU 71, top MAC Ohio 75, Toledo 79, why would a player think signing with any MAC school moves them forward. How can anyone think this is an upgrade? An individual player can think they may be able to better showcase their talent, but it doesn't make sense to think they are upgrading the level of competition. Showing better stats against equivalent or lessor teams is not likely a good reason to bail on a program that helped you get to where you are. Maybe for some players it would be better to focus on how you could be better where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Can't believe all the attention given to players who got play time at NDSU and want to go elsewhere. Most of these kids egos are overly inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    So Sagarin, SDSU 41, NDSU 71, top MAC Ohio 75, Toledo 79, why would a player think signing with any MAC school moves them forward. How can anyone think this is an upgrade? An individual player can think they may be able to better showcase their talent, but it doesn't make sense to think they are upgrading the level of competition. Showing better stats against equivalent or lessor teams is not likely a good reason to bail on a program that helped you get to where you are. Maybe for some players it would be better to focus on how you could be better where you are.
    I don’t think players are checking Sagarin ratings…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don’t think players are checking Sagarin ratings…
    they just want the CLOUT. FBS = CLOUT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    I bet if you took the collective average of the MAC teams and then considered the OOC teams they get to play, you would find it's an upgrade. Comparing FCS and G5 teams isn't a perfect comparison on Sagarin because there is less crossover. Would NDSU be competitive with their current roster in the MAC? Absolutely. But is the MAC better top to bottom than the MVFC? Also true. I don't think any player that transfer from the Bison this year are likely looking at NFL careers. Very few are. It's very unusual for the Bison to have the success they've had with players in the NFL the last 10 years. It's almost impossible to sustain that. These players who are transferring have their own person reasons that I don't feel obligated to know. Parents of players from other schools I know who have transferred did it because they clashed with a coach. Or the coach they liked left. Or they needed to a different academic program. Or they wanted more playing time. Or they wanted to be closer to home. Believe it or not, Fargo can be a very isolating place when you are used to being outside more in the winter. Or be able to drive 2 hours in any direction and get to a beach or a mountain or a city.