Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Per his Twitter feed...Britton Pascoe is the 4th to enter the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Per his Twitter feed...Britton Pascoe is the 4th to enter the portal.
    Hasn’t played this year, coming off a big injury. He likely wants to find playing time

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was thinking an injury or pain of some sort - his stride looked off.
    as I said. Hart was wide open and he thought he'd coast to a score.... then was caught
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I think DJ thought he had that TD with ease and didn't accelerate. stupid.
    Watch it again. He was running all out and got caught easily.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Restricting when coaches or admins can leave would probably violate state labor laws throughout the country. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Restricting when coaches or admins can leave would probably violate state labor laws throughout the country. Not going to happen.
    Coaches sign contracts. All you have to do is remove the buyout clause so they feel it in the pocketbook if they don't complete the contract.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Find out this morning that these three are roommates? Wow that makes these decisions seem even more suspect from a doing the right thing as a young adult angle.

Hopefully they didn't allow themselves to be talked into this by each other. Woof.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Saw a couple parents of current players chimed in on FB (one of whom also played here back in the early 90's)....needless to say, they are less than impressed. Selfish, was the most commonly used phrase.

I get that the transfer portal wasn't a thing back when our run started over a decade ago; however, the amount of recent departures by regular contributors (especially underclassmen) is extremely concerning. Is this is player issue, or is it a coaching staff issue? Something seems to be broken/going on internally.....is there going to be a serious sit down with Entz/Larsen in the near future to try and get to the bottom of WTF is going on?

Dom doesn't surprise me, honestly....led the team in rushing in the spring season, then fought the injury bug the last two fall seasons, battled fumble issues, and saw his carries go to Hunter, Williams, Kobe, and TK. Does he even look to continue playing football, or concentrate on professional baseball, full time?

Sigle and Hart are the ones that are head-scratchers....both are playing a pile of meaningful snaps, with Sigle being our highest graded CB so far this year. How in the hell is your "tank empty"? Hart was beginning to come into his own and was becoming a major contributor in both the return game, as well as the passing attack. Just means you could see more of Eli Green/Bryce Lance to fill in behind Mathis, Lippe, Raja, and Braylon.

I hate to bring up the NDSU to FBS side of things...BUT, do these guys stay if we're in the FBS? I may be grasping at straws here, but just makes you wonder that these guys are possibly leaving to play at the "highest level," which is a joke as we've proven we can develop NFL talent as well as, or better than, half of the teams in the FBS, anyway.
    I think the paragraph about sitting down with Entz and Larson is ignorant talk. Anyone that thinks this is an NDSU specific problem is unaware of the realities of college football and the transfer portal.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Coaches sign contracts. All you have to do is remove the buyout clause so they feel it in the pocketbook if they don't complete the contract.
    Still not something the NCAA can mandate, and might limit the number of coaches willing to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Sure they can. The company I work for has all kinds of clawbacks if I go to work for a competitor. Think about any professional sports league. They operate almost completely outside of labor laws.

Would take a lot of legal work but it can be done. Literally anything can be done with the right lawyer.

Note: Not that it will ever happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*