Page 117 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think it’s a crime that the people creating the product aren’t getting paid for it but instead a bunch of middle managers are absconding with the vast majority of a very large and increasing pot of money. Sue me.
    No. A vast majority of the money is going to fund the volleyball team and the track team and the softball team. And those teams are very successful because of it. If you want to divert that money to the football and basketball players in the form of paying them, you are going to have to cut all those other programs. They have a very finite pot of money and it's being spent. There is no profit here. In fact there is a loss that has to be covered by funding from the university and student fees.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    No. A vast majority of the money is going to fund the volleyball team and the track team and the softball team. And those teams are very successful because of it. If you want to divert that money to the football and basketball players in the form of paying them, you are going to have to cut all those other programs. They have a very finite pot of money and it's being spent. There is no profit here. In fact there is a loss that has to be covered by funding from the university and student fees.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, this is just a bunch of nonsense with the “profit” again. We’re circling.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Former Bison (short-term)
    Nasir Howell back in transfer portal
    (2021 Recruiting Class)

https://twitter.com/Nasir_Howell20/s...707345921?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Former Bison (short-term)
    Nasir Howell back in transfer portal
    (2021 Recruiting Class)

https://twitter.com/Nasir_Howell20/s...707345921?s=20
    he was good friends with Dom Jones, Gonnella & Eubanks.. so doubtful he comes this way.

It's fun looking at the Power 5 Transfer Portal ohhh weee would love a couple DB/Safeties/LB's on there!

College Football Network
    @CFN365

Top FCS players in the 2023 #collegefootball transfer portal ��

�� Fred Davis Jr. (@Q_Esque
    ), RB
    �� Courtney Eubanks (@CourtneyEuban11
    ), CB
    �� Dom Jones (@domminnicc_
    ), S
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NCAA is making changes to transfer portal. It looks like you can transfer one time and the second transfer will be difficult to get a waiver approved.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    NCAA is making changes to transfer portal. It looks like you can transfer one time and the second transfer will be difficult to get a waiver approved.
    I believe it should be adjusted to the following:

You may transfer anytime a head coach leaves the program, unlimited.

Otherwise, if you elect to transfer without a coach leaving you are suspended for the first half of the season. You only get to transfer one time during your career unless the coach leaves as noted above.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I believe it should be adjusted to the following:

You may transfer anytime a head coach leaves the program, unlimited.

Otherwise, if you elect to transfer without a coach leaving you are suspended for the first half of the season. You only get to transfer one time during your career unless the coach leaves as noted above.
    Pretty sure that first part is already true. Other schools descend like vultures on the roster when a coach leaves.

Edit: looks like NCAA just clarified that going forward coaching changes won't allow a 2nd transfer. That part doesn't make sense to me.
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...tal-rules.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Pretty sure that first part is already true. Other schools descend like vultures on the roster when a coach leaves.

Edit: looks like NCAA just clarified that going forward coaching changes won't allow a 2nd transfer. That part doesn't make sense to me.
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...tal-rules.html
    Do the institutions not want the coaches leaving and taking “their guys” with them?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

At what point does it come into question whether to allow a player back who previously entered the transfer portal? From what I've seen neither Kobe Johnson or Dom Jones are garnering a lot of interest. Both would greatly help the 2023 Bison IMO. Personally, I'd be ok with letting them back if the team (or team captains) are ok with it assuming and they're going to have to be non-scholly this year and re-earn it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    At what point does it come into question whether to allow a player back who previously entered the transfer portal? From what I've seen neither Kobe Johnson or Dom Jones are garnering a lot of interest. Both would greatly help the 2023 Bison IMO. Personally, I'd be ok with letting them back if the team (or team captains) are ok with it assuming and they're going to have to be non-scholly this year and re-earn it going forward.
    Letting them back on without scholly is an interesting idea.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]