Page 116 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I bet if you took the collective average of the MAC teams and then considered the OOC teams they get to play, you would find it's an upgrade. Comparing FCS and G5 teams isn't a perfect comparison on Sagarin because there is less crossover. Would NDSU be competitive with their current roster in the MAC? Absolutely. But is the MAC better top to bottom than the MVFC? Also true. I don't think any player that transfer from the Bison this year are likely looking at NFL careers. Very few are. It's very unusual for the Bison to have the success they've had with players in the NFL the last 10 years. It's almost impossible to sustain that. These players who are transferring have their own person reasons that I don't feel obligated to know. Parents of players from other schools I know who have transferred did it because they clashed with a coach. Or the coach they liked left. Or they needed to a different academic program. Or they wanted more playing time. Or they wanted to be closer to home. Believe it or not, Fargo can be a very isolating place when you are used to being outside more in the winter. Or be able to drive 2 hours in any direction and get to a beach or a mountain or a city.
    Great post.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Or, you know, instead of continuing to pretend to do enforcement by picking on the minnows they can just give it up and pay the players.
    Man you are a broken record. Paid by who? The NCAA? The school? With your mentality there will only be football and basketball and only in big schools. Most schools would drop sports all together. You think div two and div three can pay athletes? Think of all the opportunities that would not be available under your plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Man you are a broken record. Paid by who? The NCAA? The school? With your mentality there will only be football and basketball and only in big schools. Most schools would drop sports all together. You think div two and div three can pay athletes? Think of all the opportunities that would not be available under your plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t have a plan but this is a dumb argument. The point isn’t that every school would have to pay every athlete. Manchester United and Liverpool exist in the same system with Wrexham and Buxton. From international professional football through semi pro to totally amateur sides.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I don’t have a plan but this is a dumb argument. The point isn’t that every school would have to pay every athlete. Manchester United and Liverpool exist in the same system with Wrexham and Buxton. From international professional football through semi pro to totally amateur sides.
    Never heard of those colleges bro. Wnba teams or something?

Lardsin must go!

Courtney Eubanks adds Colorado State & Jackson State offers.
    Previous offer is Akron.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Courtney Eubanks adds Colorado State & Jackson State offers.
    Previous offer is Akron.
    So at this point of the main 7 portal guys, only one has upgraded?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    So at this point of the main 7 portal guys, only one has upgraded?

Sigle went to Kansas State, so you could say two have.
    Am surprised Dom Jones hasn’t had offers yet (that he has posted).

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's not a dumb argument. What is dumb are people that complain incessantly with no ideas or solutions.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Sigle went to Kansas State, so you could say two have.
    Am surprised Dom Jones hasn’t had offers yet (that he has posted).
    Sigle is the only one to upgrade so far, in my opinion. I mean an argument could be made for Sproles if he's on scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It's not a dumb argument. What is dumb are people that complain incessantly with no ideas or solutions.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I think it’s a crime that the people creating the product aren’t getting paid for it but instead a bunch of middle managers are absconding with the vast majority of a very large and increasing pot of money. Sue me.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie