Page 163 of 175 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Let me know where the money is coming for that in Brookings, SD... a couple of implement dealers, farmers and a banker or 2 aren't funding a competitive collective.
    First, the collectives seem to be built as much on individual smaller donations as they are on large corporate donations. Also Daktronics, Premier Bankcard, Larson Windows, Sanford Health are all companies in SF and Brookings that have shown an interest to give in a big way to SDSU. I'm sure there are many more that maybe aren't that size but have monies available and will be willing to explore it given an attractive opportunity. I understand that Brookings specifically isn't the size of Fargo but don't kid yourself to think that there aren't companies that will want to attach their names to the SDSU brand. They have some momentum and are building something there. They have room to grow but if they continue to have success they will have people and businesses willing to contribute. To think that NDSU is vastly superior to SDSU is just as ignorant as SDSU thinking that their culture will be a long term substitute for an NIL collective.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    To think that NDSU is vastly superior to SDSU is just as ignorant as SDSU thinking that their culture will be a long term substitute for an NIL collective.
    I mean, I live down here but ok. It's not even arguable that SDSU is remotely comparable to NDSU from a University POV, have you ever been on campus there? It's a 3rd world country by comparison. And while there are definitely a few wealthy yokels here, putting your name on a building is a lot different sell than funding a running commitment to pay athletes. Also Denny seems to be a bit busy with other things at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    I mean, I live down here but ok. It's not even arguable that SDSU is remotely comparable to NDSU from a University POV, have you ever been on campus there? It's a 3rd world country by comparison. And while there are definitely a few wealthy yokels here, putting your name on a building is a lot different sell than funding a running commitment to pay athletes. Also Denny seems to be a bit busy with other things at the moment...
    I'm from Watertown and much of my family still lives there and I am very familiar with the campus and the University. I have lots of family and friends who are SDSU alums. The difference in that campus and the excitement around the university and athletics is a drastic change from when I was growing up. They have very nice athletic facilities and they have added numerous buildings on campus. I personally prefer the feel of the NDSU campus but I don't think it is that drastic of a difference. If you believe that there is more wealth associated with NDSU/Fargo/North Dakota than SDSU/Sioux Falls/South Dakota than you are completely out in left field. They are very similar. The only thing that I believe NDSU has a leg up over SDSU currently is Teammakers and their support but SDSU is making drastic strides in that regard and will continue to do so if they keep putting very competitive athletic teams on the field of play. Oh and Denny isn't involved in any of those companies that I mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Sam Herder has written that SDSU doesn't have a collective and don't plan on creating one because of how great their culture is

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
    They are living high in the present. Not the future. It's simply a spin on not having one

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm from Watertown and much of my family still lives there and I am very familiar with the campus and the University. I have lots of family and friends who are SDSU alums. The difference in that campus and the excitement around the university and athletics is a drastic change from when I was growing up. They have very nice athletic facilities and they have added numerous buildings on campus. I personally prefer the feel of the NDSU campus but I don't think it is that drastic of a difference. If you believe that there is more wealth associated with NDSU/Fargo/North Dakota than SDSU/Sioux Falls/South Dakota than you are completely out in left field. They are very similar. The only thing that I believe NDSU has a leg up over SDSU currently is Teammakers and their support but SDSU is making drastic strides in that regard and will continue to do so if they keep putting very competitive athletic teams on the field of play. Oh and Denny isn't involved in any of those companies that I mentioned previously.
    To be fair, there is a massive difference if you compare Brookings to Fargo, but if you throw SF into the mix (and I’m not sure how reasonable that is), then you’ve got a point.

I mean, FFS, El Forko has more to offer than Brookings, South Dakota. Not a lot more, but it’s notable.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    To be fair, there is a massive difference if you compare Brookings to Fargo, but if you throw SF into the mix (and I’m not sure how reasonable that is), then you’ve got a point.

I mean, FFS, El Forko has more to offer than Brookings, South Dakota. Not a lot more, but it’s notable.
    These campuses aren't just the city they are located in. If you think Penn State is just State College, then you are mistaken. Many of the large public universities are smaller college cities. Granted many of those become Fargo size but they are still not college focused than city focused. Bloomington (home of IU) is a college town. But their MSA population is 161k. Hardly a small town. Lafayette is 235k so closer to Fargo. Both schools rely heavily on alumni and businesses in Indy, Chicago and others.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

Yes, from a city perspective but SDSU is much more reach wise than just Brookings. Some young kids may choose not to attend SDSU because of Brookings but the dollars that are invested in that University come from a much wider geographical area than just Brookings. The advantage that NDSU has over SDSU in terms of the ability to establish an NIL collective and build their booster/donor base is not limited by the fact that SDSU is located in Brookings. NDSU and SDSU are peer institutions that are about as similar as you can be. Anyone who believes NDSU is a drastically superior university or athletic department vs. SDSU is likely letting their Alumni bias weigh too much into that assessment. All that being said, Fuck the Bunnies! Their fans suck and I hate the fact that I had to put up with a bunch of my obnoxious relatives at Christmas. It really makes me want to go back to the days when the only thing SDSU ever got excited about was Hobo Day parties/riots and starting cars on fire and shit.

All that being said, Fuck the Bunnies! Their fans suck and I hate the fact that I had to put up with a bunch of my obnoxious relatives at Christmas. It really makes me want to go back to the days when the only thing SDSU ever got excited about was Hobo Day parties/riots and starting cars on fire and shit.
    I can agree with that.

Yes, from a city perspective but SDSU is much more reach wise than just Brookings. Some young kids may choose not to attend SDSU because of Brookings but the dollars that are invested in that University come from a much wider geographical area than just Brookings. The advantage that NDSU has over SDSU in terms of the ability to establish an NIL collective and build their booster/donor base is not limited by the fact that SDSU is located in Brookings. NDSU and SDSU are peer institutions that are about as similar as you can be. Anyone who believes NDSU is a drastically superior university or athletic department vs. SDSU is likely letting their Alumni bias weigh too much into that assessment. All that being said, Fuck the Bunnies! Their fans suck and I hate the fact that I had to put up with a bunch of my obnoxious relatives at Christmas. It really makes me want to go back to the days when the only thing SDSU ever got excited about was Hobo Day parties/riots and starting cars on fire and shit.
    I think a key differentiator is that Vermillion is basically the same distance away from SF as Brookings. SDSU draws more from SF than USD does, obviously, but there is nothing geographically preventing that from shifting. UND isn’t ever going to draw more support from Fargo enough to move that needle.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

South Dakota really fudged up not putting one of their big state universities in Rapid City. That would be a fun road trip as an opposing fan (and a good recruiting draw).