Page 23 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If you care to listen to some interviews with Sigle it is pretty clear he thought begin a Bison was too difficult. He didn't want to put in the time and energy to be here. Yes he will get to the FBS but in reality his reason for leaving was more about wanting an easier path.
    After reading your post, I had visions of Allen Iverson in front of sports reporters saying.........."PRACTICE......PRACTICE....We talking about practice?"

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    After reading your post, I had visions of Allen Iverson in front of sports reporters saying.........."PRACTICE......PRACTICE....We talking about practice?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Tailgator. That's AI in all his glory.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    They've been called Freedom Fries since jet fuel melted steel beams and the French chose to defend the evil doers.
    France wasn't on our side I'm confused
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Cox = LSU
    Jasir = WVU
    Hayes = KState
    Noland = So Carolina
    Quincy = FBS Temple
    Cofield = FBS WKU
    Sporles = FBS JMU
    Sigle = FBS Colo State?

i'm seeing a pattern here NDSU .... hmmmmmmmmm
    I do see the pattern.....Someone pushing the narrative and their agenda so I'll bite.

Jabril Cox= Elite athlete was bound to be successful where ever he went. I understood this move for his growth.
    Jasir Cox= Saw what happened with Big Brother and gave it a try. Stats very much the same as at NDSU so take it for what its worth.
    Josh Hayes= You forgot the Virginia Experiment 1 tackle in 3 games. Now at K-State or NDSU south and having similar result with similar schemes.
    Zeb Noland= Left to be a Grad Assistant and learn to coach. Due to injury joined the team because he was their only option.
    Adam Cofield= Went to WKU and had diminished returns against similar competition.
    Pheonix Sproles= Left because .......well I'll just say he wasn't going to be much more than a blocking receiver in NDSU's offense.
    Marques Sigle= I think.....only my opinion saw youngsters coming up who were gonna push for time, price coming back for another year and thought he needed to be on the field every play which NDSU almost never does. It's a Long season running deep in the playoffs consistently.

Once a Bison, always a Bison!.......But, The strength of the Herd is the Bison and the strength of the Bison is the Herd. And some times when you stray from the herd you find out that in all to quick fashion. The transfer portal giveth Braydan Thomas, TaMerick Williams, Micheal Beutow and it taketh away. I will say the extra covid year has caused a large amount of grief because he has gotten the recruiting off schedule with all the 6th year seniors and then under classmen that gained an extra year to stay on the roster ahead of these current young guys. Don't want to wait another year

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    I do see the pattern.....Someone pushing the narrative and their agenda so I'll bite.
    Sproles needed a change - and, hopefully, it works out better for both him and NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Sproles needed a change - and, hopefully, it works out better for both him and NDSU.
    Agreed! I think he wanted more and saw that it wasn't happening so he moved on. Sometimes people fit sometimes they don't but he contributed what he could while he was hear. Fullfilled his commitment and moved on. No issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post

Jabril Cox= Elite athlete was bound to be successful where ever he went. I understood this move for his growth.
    Jasir Cox= Saw what happened with Big Brother and gave it a try. Stats very much the same as at NDSU so take it for what its worth.
    Josh Hayes= You forgot the Virginia Experiment 1 tackle in 3 games. Now at K-State or NDSU south and having similar result with similar schemes.
    Zeb Noland= Left to be a Grad Assistant and learn to coach. Due to injury joined the team because he was their only option.
    Adam Cofield= Went to WKU and had diminished returns against similar competition.
    Pheonix Sproles= Left because .......well I'll just say he wasn't going to be much more than a blocking receiver in NDSU's offense.
    Marques Sigle= I think.....only my opinion saw youngsters coming up who were gonna push for time, price coming back for another year and thought he needed to be on the field every play which NDSU almost never does. It's a Long season running deep in the playoffs consistently.

Once a Bison, always a Bison!.......But, The strength of the Herd is the Bison and the strength of the Bison is the Herd. And some times when you stray from the herd you find out that in all to quick fashion. The transfer portal giveth Braydan Thomas, TaMerick Williams, Micheal Beutow and it taketh away. I will say the extra covid year has caused a large amount of grief because he has gotten the recruiting off schedule with all the 6th year seniors and then under classmen that gained an extra year to stay on the roster ahead of these current young guys. Don't want to wait another year
    The PATTERN is That from a roster perspective, that NDSU is a true G5 team, masquerading as an FCS team.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we see NDSU more active in the portal this year compared to prior years.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Give me a 6’5” 250lbs TE. 6’1” 195 lb CB. 6’ 200 lb RB. 6’2” 230 lb LB. That’s all.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS