Page 16 of 175 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Yes, he was on the roster when I printed them the week before the opener. Then injured and I think quit sometime back then...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    no idea who that is bro
    Had 3 plays for 16 yards in garbage time in our 64 point blowout of Valpo last year.
    Shortest Bison career ever?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I think it could be two reasons.
    1. They want to commit before another player takes their potential spot by transferring in ahead of them.
    2. But not AS likely. They are not confident in NDSU's chances of a NC, but this would be in combination of #1.
    Head scratcher though, remember last year when Mt States starting QB went to the transfer portal while actually in the playoffs.
    The MT St QB transferred because he was shit and got benched after the regular season and a profoundly bad game against the Griz. And he got benched in favor of a freshman who had played sparingly. The Bison lost three contributors, Hart and Sigle especially hurt and it’s a head scratcher why they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Does Mathis have any eligibility left.
    He’s coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    The MT St QB transferred because he was shit and got benched after the regular season and a profoundly bad game against the Griz. And he got benched in favor of a freshman who had played sparingly. The Bison lost three contributors, Hart and Sigle especially hurt and it’s a head scratcher why they did.
    Listening to Sigle's interview during the lead up to the game on 1660, his whole life appears to revolve around making it to the NFL (even went on to say that his post-NFL career will be "schooling up newcomers to the NFL on how to not get screwed over" lol . I might guess that he's of the impression that he has a better chance of making it to the NFL somewhere else.

Or he's cold
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

RE: Goldade - had a scholarship offer from UND, blew his knee out playing basketball the summer before his senior year. UND pulled the offer, he signed as a walk-on to NDSU, rehabbed, made the team, played a little and then got hurt again (other knee?) and has apparently decided to try somewhere else. So a kid who has busted his ass and had some bad luck. I would say he showed the traits Bison fans seem to admire and it just didn't work out. Maybe show some appreciation and give the guy a little credit instead of being a bunch of dickheads.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Honestly it should. If it's either everyone sticks with their school through the season or it's the wild west like it currently is - there's no way you can convince me this is the right way. FWIW I said the same thing after Montana State's QB pulled the same crap last year. And I thought the same thing when Nebraska fired Frost 4 games into the season.

The NFL has more regulation about players moving from team to team at this point than college football. Think about that
    Several of you keep referencing the MT St QB transferring after the regular season. Totally irrelevant and completely different circumstances!!

He regressed horribly during the season, the offense was shit with him, and he almost single-handedly lost the Griz game. He was benched immediately after the game and they went with a freshman in the playoffs and the offense nearly doubled in every category. So he left because his career at MT St was over, period, end of story. It’s not the same f’ing thing with these three!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Several of you keep referencing the MT St QB transferring after the regular season. Totally irrelevant and completely different circumstances!!

He regressed horribly during the season, the offense was shit with him, and he almost single-handedly lost the Griz game. He was benched immediately after the game and they went with a freshman in the playoffs and the offense nearly doubled in every category. So he left because his career at MT St was over, period, end of story. It’s not the same f’ing thing with these three!
    His career would've continued three games later in the championship game. It's not like the coach told him to hit the road IIRC... I thought everyone was super shocked by it. As for the regression piece, I'm not going to go back and look at stats from every game but the Cats were 9-1 in FCS with the only loss being the last game of the year in the Brawl against #7 Montana. Quitting on your team during the season to try to transfer to another school to play football is all the same to me. You're quitting the team to find a better situation for yourself personally.

FWIW, how you describe the Montana State QB sounds a lot like Gonnela's arc here
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Listening to Sigle's interview during the lead up to the game on 1660, his whole life appears to revolve around making it to the NFL (even went on to say that his post-NFL career will be "schooling up newcomers to the NFL on how to not get screwed over" lol . I might guess that he's of the impression that he has a better chance of making it to the NFL somewhere else.

Or he's cold
    Sigle was the one who really surprised me - he was going to get a ton of playing time in his next two seasons, but, then again, if he's burnt out, then it's not about playing time.

The Benchwarmers had an interesting insight (if true): The day there is more football, then the world will end. Literally or something. Oh, wait, that wasn't the insight I was thinking of. Apparently, the three guys who transferred were roommates.

Call me cynical, but I suspect that some guy(s) looking for transfers was in one of these players DMs and it blossomed into a shit flower.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Sigle was the one who really surprised me - he was going to get a ton of playing time in his next two seasons, but, then again, if he's burnt out, then it's not about playing time.

The Benchwarmers had an interesting insight (if true): The day there is more football, then the world will end. Literally or something. Oh, wait, that wasn't it. Apparently, the three guys who transferred were roommates.
    Yup, roomies; group think......